Our Dreamy Italian Cauliflower Wings were so popular in 2018 that we decided to give this plant-based recipe an upgrade. Vegetarian, vegan keto, Primal/paleo, and Whole30, cauliflower wings are a vegan alternative to chicken wings. Dust cauliflower florets with almond flour and seasonings—or, to simplify, a tasty, compliant buffalo sauce—and either bake or Air Fry at high heat to achieve a crunchy, toasty exterior and a yielding interior. We doused our cauliflower wings in sugar-free, vegan, Whole30, and paleo-friendly Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce before baking to give the cauliflower wings plenty of kicky spice.
Whole30 Buffalo Sauce Cauliflower Wings
Time: 25-35 minutes
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/2 bottle Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce
- 1 cup almond flour
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Spray
- Primal Kitchen Vegan Ranch Dressing for dipping, if desired
- Place cauliflower florets into a large bowl.
- Add Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce and toss to coat each cauliflower floret in the sauce (use tongs if you'd like).
- Sprinkle cauliflower florets with almond flour, using the tongs to distribute evenly. Sprinkle with more almond flour so that each floret is well coated.
- Spray the tray of an AirFryer* with avocado oil. Place cauliflower florets on the AirFryer tray and place inside the AirFryer.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400ºF, checking the florets every 5 minutes after they've cooked for 10 minutes and shaking the AirFryer basket.
- Remove from AirFryer and plate with sliced celery and carrots. Serve with Primal Kitchen Vegan Ranch Dressing.
*If you don't have an AirFryer, follow these cooking instructions:
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Spread the coated cauliflower florets out onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Nutrition info (per serving)*:
Carbs: 18 grams
Fat: 22 grams
Protein: 12 grams
Nutrition information calculated using Cronometer.
*Nutrition info calculated without dressing. Two tablespoons of Primal Kitchen Vegan Ranch Dressing would add 130 calories, 1 gram of carbs, and 14 grams of fat per serving.
You might also like these other plant-based recipes: