Our Dreamy Italian Cauliflower Wings were so popular in 2018 that we decided to give this plant-based recipe an upgrade. Vegetarian, vegan keto, Primal/paleo, and Whole30, cauliflower wings are a vegan alternative to chicken wings. Dust cauliflower florets with almond flour and seasonings—or, to simplify, a tasty, compliant buffalo sauce—and either bake or Air Fry at high heat to achieve a crunchy, toasty exterior and a yielding interior. We doused our cauliflower wings in sugar-free, vegan, Whole30, and paleo-friendly Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce before baking to give the cauliflower wings plenty of kicky spice. Our five-ingredient buffalo sauce cauliflower wings use only five ingredients—all of the flavor comes from Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce, no extra garlic powder, hot sauce, or melted butter necessary.
You can bake these cauliflower wings on large baking sheets in the oven, too, if you don't have an AirFryer. Here's how to do it:
- Crank the oven up to 450ºF
- Coat cauliflower wings in almond flour, shaking off any excess flour, before placing on baking sheets. Leave a small bit of room between each wing on the sheet pans, using two sheet pans if necessary
- Bake the wings for 20 minutes. Remove the baking sheets from the oven
- Brush Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce onto each cauliflower wing, flipping over to coat all sides
- Place baking sheets back in the oven and bake for another 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
Whole30 Buffalo Sauce Cauliflower Wings
Time: 25-35 minutes
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/2 bottle Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce
- 1 cup almond flour
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Spray
- Primal Kitchen Vegan Ranch Dressing for dipping, if desired
- Place cauliflower florets into a large bowl.
- Add Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce and toss to coat each cauliflower floret in the sauce (use tongs if you'd like).
- Sprinkle cauliflower florets with almond flour, using the tongs to distribute evenly. Sprinkle with more almond flour so that each floret is well coated.
- Spray the tray of an AirFryer* with avocado oil. Place cauliflower florets on the AirFryer tray and place inside the AirFryer.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400ºF, checking the florets every 5 minutes after they've cooked for 10 minutes and shaking the AirFryer basket.
- Remove from AirFryer and plate with sliced celery and carrots. Serve with Primal Kitchen Vegan Ranch Dressing.
*If you don't have an AirFryer, follow these cooking instructions:
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Spread the coated cauliflower florets out onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Nutrition info (per serving)*:
Carbs: 18 grams
Fat: 22 grams
Protein: 12 grams
Nutrition information calculated using Cronometer.
*Nutrition info calculated without dressing. Two tablespoons of Primal Kitchen Vegan Ranch Dressing would add 130 calories, 1 gram of carbs, and 14 grams of fat per serving.
You might also like these other plant-based recipes: