Perfect whole food snacks or appetizers, we can promise that these rich and satisfying bites will have you wanting more. Avocado fries are the holy grail of fried foods, encased by a crispy outer layer and endowed with an indulgently creamy center. Made with only seven ingredients, these rich, savory fries are also incredibly simple and easy to make!
Garnish your finished fries with a sprinkle of chopped cilantro, and add a squeeze of lime for an amazing Mexican flair. Make them as spicy as you like with added chili powder and hot sauce for dipping.
For every one avocado, you’ll need:
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup cassava flour
- 1 egg (whisked)
- Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil (for frying)
- Cut each avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Slice each half into 4 pieces, and remove the peel.
- Sprinkle the wedges with ¼ teaspoon salt (taking care to lightly coat both sides).
- Blend the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, cumin, and chili powder with the coconut flakes until the mix is uniform and the flakes are finely chopped.
- Set up an assembly at the stove of 3 bowls: 1 for egg, 1 for cassava flour, and 1 for coconut flakes.
- Coat each wedge of avocado oil in egg and then cassava flour. Next, dip them back into the egg and then into the coconut flakes.
- Heat a thin layer of Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil in a pan on medium-high heat.
- When the Avocado Oil is hot, add the avocado wedges.
- Fry each wedge for a minute or less on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Use a fork or a combination of fork and spoon to turn the wedges as they brown and make sure all sides are crispy. If the oil begins to smoke, turn down the heat.
- Serve the fries immediately with hot sauce or Primal Kitchen® Chipotle Lime Mayo spiked with hot sauce.
Watch how easy it is to make these tasty avocado fries!