You’ve likely heard the adage from doctors and nutritionists to “eat the rainbow” or “eat as many colors as possible,” and while this message may seem antiquated (because we’ve heard it so many times), it’s actually a sound visual strategy for getting vegetables onto your plate (or bowl). We took this advice to heart and created a stunning rainbow salad that features a variety of hues, textures, and tastes. The blend of baby lettuces provide a delicate bed for bitter purple cabbage, bursting roma tomatoes, vibrant and sweet carrots, garden-fresh and snappy bell peppers, crisp and cool cucumbers, spicy and sharp radishes, and creamy avocado. Doused in a balanced blend of acidic and oily vinaigrette and speckled with a garlic, onion, sesame and poppy seed seasoning blend, this vegan keto salad offers plenty of variety and visual pop.
Keto Vegan Rainbow Salad
Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups Earthbound Farm Organic Rose Blend Lettuce (or any baby lettuce)
- 1 cup Earthbound Farm Organic Baby Red Butter Lettuce (or any butter lettuce)
- ⅓ cup red (purple) cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons carrots, shredded
- ¼ hothouse or English cucumber, sliced
- ⅓ tomato, sliced
- ⅓ cup yellow bell peppers, diced
- 4 small radishes, sliced in half
- ½ avocado
- 4 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil & Vinegar Vinaigrette
- ¼ teaspoon Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
- In a large bowl, place 3 cups of mixed lettuce at the bottom.
- Layer on the remaining vegetables on top of the lettuce any way you’d like (we placed our veggies in their own little piles to really drive home the rainbow colors).
- Drizzle with Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil & Vinegar Vinaigrette, and sprinkle with seasoning blend.
Nutritional information (per serving):
Carbs: 22 grams
Net Carbs: 13 grams
Fat: 41 grams
Protein: 5 grams
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer.
You might also like these other salad recipes: