A classic dip to add flavor, contrasting texture, and more satisfaction to snacks like cut fresh vegetables, and flaxseed, rice, and other gluten-free crackers, hummus can be thrown together in a blender with pantry ingredients in five minutes or less. If you don’t have fresh lemons on hand, substitute bottled lemon juice or go without it. You may need to add a bit more water if you leave out the lemon juice to make sure the hummus has the right consistency.
Classic hummus, which is made with chickpeas, does have a higher amount of carbs than other paleo or keto snacks (such as additive-free salami, organic full-fat cheeses, olives, nut butters, coconut oil, etc.), so pay attention to portion size if you’re watching your carbs.
Hummus with Avocado Oil
Time: 5 minutes
- 3 cups chickpeas (drained if canned)
- 1/4 cup Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Pulse three times for 2 seconds each time.
- Continue blending on medium until desired consistency is achieved.
- Remove hummus from the blender and spoon into a bowl.
- Serve with cut vegetables, flackers, or gluten-free crackers.
- Store any unused hummus in an airtight container in the refrigerator for four to five days.
Nutrition info (per serving):
Carbs: 11 grams
Fat: 7 grams
Protein: 3 grams
NutriBullet & Primal Kitchen Giveaway
We partnered with NutriBullet for a grand giveaway! Three lucky winners will have the chance to win a brand new NutriBullet Blender + $200 in Primal Kitchen products.
- Visit https://www.primalkitchen.com/pages/nutribullet-avocado-oil-giveaway and enter in your email address
- Follow @primalkitchenfoods & @nutribullet on Instagram
The giveaway will close April 28, 2020, and the winners will be contacted via email on April 30, 2020. Open to U.S. entrants only.
You might also like these other dip recipes: