Primal Kitchen founder Mark Sisson loves his coffee. Not long after he rises out of bed, Mark pads to the kitchen to grind a couple of scoops of freshly roasted coffee beans, taking pleasure in the oily, woodsy brown color, tobacco-like, earthy smells, and chipper sound of beans being pulverized by the blade. He usually enjoys it warm, coarsely ground beans submerged and squelched by a French press, but may also sip a cold brew on particularly steamy Miami mornings. Room temperature, iced, or hot, he often adds collagen to his habit. One way he switches it is by grinding hemp hearts with coffee beans to make a Vanilla Collagen Hemp Latte. The addition of vanilla collagen adds a creamy, latte-like sweetness, the cinnamon dusting brings warmth, and a pinch of sea salt richens the coffee’s bouquet.
Mark Sisson’s Vanilla Collagen Hemp Latte
Time: 5 minutes
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 4 tablespoons coffee beans
- 8 ounces fresh water
- 1 scoop Collagen Fuel Drink Mix – Vanilla
- 1 pinch sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place coffee beans and hemp hearts in a coffee grinder. Grind until the beans and hemp hearts resemble coarse salt.
- Brew coffee according to your preferred method (French press, pour over, drip coffee, etc.).
- When the coffee is done, add about 1/4 of brewed coffee to a mug.
- Add the scoop of vanilla collagen, salt, and cinnamon.
- Whisk with a fork until collagen is dissolved.
- Fill the rest of your mug with coffee and enjoy.
Nutritional information (per serving):
Carbs: 4.9 grams
Net Carbs: 2.2 grams
Fat: 12.4 grams
Protein: 16.7 grams
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer.
You might also like these other coffee-related recipes: