This dalgona coffee recipe tastes like wispy clouds of caramelized coffee and lightly toasted marshmallows. Our keto-friendly version of dalgona coffee, the popular Korean whipped coffee recipe, can be made with any flavor of keto coffee creamer or even just monk fruit- or stevia-sweetened coconut milk or cream. To make dalgona coffee, whip equal proportions of instant coffee powder, sugar or sweetener, and hot water until it becomes creamy and fluffy. Spoon the aerated sweetened coffee on top of hot or cold milk, hot or cold brew coffee for an extra caffeine kick, or Primal Kitchen Chai Tea Collagen Keto Latte mix like we did. The cardamom, cinnamon, vanilla, and ginger spices in the chai tea add a subtle spiciness to the dalgona coffee; if you're already looking for a way to switch up ordinary whipped coffee, this recipe is a mashup of a dirty chai latte and a toasted marshmallow frappuccino.
If you'd like to get an arm workout before you get your caffeine, you can use a whisk and go to town on the dalgona coffee ingredients... but it may take you 20 minutes or more to get the caramel-colored stiff peaks. Use handheld beaters or a standing mixer to make the whipping easy.
Toasted Marshmallow Dalgona Coffee
Time: 10 minutes
- 3 tablespoons organic instant coffee powder
- 3 tablespoons granulated monk fruit
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 1/2 cup water (hot or cold)
- 2 scoops Primal Kitchen Chai Tea Collagen Keto Latte
- 1/2 cup Nut Pods Toasted Marshmallow Creamer
To make the dalgona coffee:
- Place coffee powder, monk fruit, and ice water in the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, or in a large mixing bowl to use with handheld beaters.
- Mix the dalgona coffee ingredients until it thickens and lightens, and stiff peaks form on the bottom of the beater(s).
Make the dalgona coffee drink:
- If you'd like a cold drink: Pour cold water into a serving glass or mug. Add Primal Kitchen Chai Tea Collagen Keto Latte, and mix well to combine. Allow to sit for a few minutes, then whisk again to remove any lumps. Stir in creamer. Spoon dalgona coffee on top of drink, and enjoy.
- If you'd like a hot drink: Pour hot water into a serving glass or mug. Add Primal Kitchen Chai Tea Collagen Keto Latte, and mix well to combine. Stir in creamer. Spoon dalgona coffee on top of drink, and enjoy.
Nutrition info (per serving):
Carbs: 38 grams
Fat: 12 grams
Protein: 10 grams
Nutrition information calculated using Cronometer.
*The majority of the carbs in this recipe come from the sugar alcohol used in the monk fruit. Without the added monk fruit, this recipe contains 3 grams of carbs. We used Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener with Erythritol; view their product page for more about the nutritional information of their product.
You might also like these other coffee recipes: