So you love guacamole and you love bacon, but have you paired the two together!? This recipe will revolutionize your snacking, take your appetizer spread to new levels, and have your tastebuds jumping for joy. The combination of crispy bacon and creamy guacamole is a match made in heaven. Plus, just add a few dollops of Primal Kitchen® Classic Mayo to triple the fun!
Keto-friendly and paleo-approved, this a dish is ready in minutes. And whether you're getting ready for the big game, putting together a BBQ, or sitting down for a fun Friday night, this is a Whole30-Approved recipe you simply can't miss.
Bacon Chips and Guacamole
Time: 30 min
- 12 strips of bacon
- 3 avocados
- 1 lime (freshly squeezed)
- 1/2 cup onion (diced)
- 2 Tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 2 plum tomatoes (diced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Optional: 1 scoop Primal Kitchen Classic Mayo
For the guacamole...
- Slice the avocados, and scoop out the meat.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash the avocados together with the fresh squeezed lime juice, salt, and (optional) Primal Kitchen Classic Mayo for extra creaminess.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, garlic, and cayenne pepper, and mix well.
For the bacon chips...
- Pull the bacon out from the fridge 15 minutes before cooking and allow it to reach room temperature.
- Lay the bacon out in a cast iron skillet, and cook over medium heat. Turn the strips as need (until you reach desired crispness, about 8-10 minutes).
- Drain the pieces on a baking sheet lined with paper towel, and allow the bacon to harden slightly.
- Cut the strips into "chips".
- Serve with guacamole.