Butternut Squash Waffles
November 25, 2017
Upgrade your breakfast routine with butternut squash waffles! We can't think of anything we crave more on the weekend than crispy, delicate waffles sweetened with a touch of syrup, and drizzled with melted grass-fed butter. Add butternut squash for an autumnal twist, and prepare the whole thing with Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil!
Butternut squash is naturally sweet, sports a gorgeous color, and adds homey fall flavor to any autumn meal.
Add these waffles to your weekend brunch plate and fulfill your fall cravings with this delicious and incredibly easy-to-make recipe!
BUTTERNUT SQUASH WAFFLES
- 1-1/2 cups Bob's Redmill® Paleo Baking Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil
- 1/2 cup Taylor Farms ® Butternut Squash (boiled and mashed)
- 1/4 cup dairy-free milk of choice
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Mix all the ingredients together into a uniform blend. NOTE: For fluffier pancakes, separate the eggs, whisk the whites until stiff, and then fold them into the batter.
- Ladle the batter into a pre-heated waffle iron, and cook until golden and crisp!
- Serve with toppings of your choice.