Traditional muffins made with flour, sugar, and fruit obviously contain too many carbs to be keto. But, if you substitute a nut flour for the all-purpose flour (or make it even easier and use a ready-to-go keto muffin mix), use a keto sweetener, and a fruit that’s low in carbs but big in flavor, you have a keto-friendly muffin that's a moist, tender handheld breakfast or snack.
Keto Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 12 muffins
- 2 cups Birch Benders Keto Pancake & Waffle Mix
- ¼ cup Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup poppy seeds
- ¼ cup monk fruit
- 2-3 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 lemon, zested
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well to combine.
- Either spray a muffin tin with Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Spray, or line with paper cups. Spoon an equal amount of mixture into each muffin tin slot (leave about ¼ inch from the batter to the top of the circle of each muffin slot).
- Bake for 35–40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Remove tin from the oven and allow muffins to cool for about 5 minutes in the tin before removing.
Nutritional information (per muffin):
Carbs: 8.2 grams
Net Carbs: 4 grams
Fat: 14 grams
Protein: 7 grams
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer.
You might also like these other keto makeover recipes: