Traditional muffins made with flour, sugar, and fruit obviously contain too many carbs to be keto. But, if you substitute a nut flour for the all-purpose flour (or make it even easier and use a ready-to-go keto muffin mix), use a keto sweetener, and a fruit that’s low in carbs but big in flavor, you have a keto-friendly muffin that's a moist, tender handheld breakfast or snack.
Keto Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 12 muffins
- 2 cups Birch Benders Keto Pancake & Waffle Mix
- ¼ cup Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup poppy seeds
- ¼ cup monk fruit
- 2-3 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 lemon, zested
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well to combine.
- Either spray a muffin tin with Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Spray, or line with paper cups. Spoon an equal amount of mixture into each muffin tin slot (leave about ¼ inch from the batter to the top of the circle of each muffin slot).
- Bake for 35–40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Remove tin from the oven and allow muffins to cool for about 5 minutes in the tin before removing.
Nutritional information (per muffin):
Carbs: 8.2 grams
Net Carbs: 4 grams
Fat: 14 grams
Protein: 7 grams
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer.
Want to learn more about keto?
Get 30 days of FREE keto recipes, meal and exercise plans, and more! Learn more about Keto Month.
You might also like these other keto makeover recipes: