Mark Sisson, Primal Kitchen founder and creator of The Primal Blueprint lifestyle, doesn't snack habitually. But, when he does want something a bit more substantial added to his coffee, or wants a bite or spoonful of something to tide him over, he tends to reach for collagen or something with macadamias, his favorite nut. Mixing Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel® into brewed coffee and whisking together a quick Collagen Keto Chai or Matcha Latte are quick fixes, but so is making your own nut butter boosted with collagen. Creamy, rich, velvety, and just as gratifying licked off a spoon as smeared on celery sticks, our two-ingredient macadamia nut butter can be made ahead of time and stored in a mason jar or airtight container for whenever the need for noshing strikes.
2-Ingredient Macadamia Nut Butter Recipe
Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 8 (1 cup total)
- 2 cups macadamia nuts (salted or unsalted; your choice)
- 2 scoops Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel*
*You can use any flavor of Collagen Fuel you like, or unflavored Collagen Peptides. We used our limited-edition Snickerdoodle Collagen Fuel flavor in this recipe.
- Place macadamia nuts in a food processor or high-speed blender, and process until smooth.
- Add Collagen Fuel to the macadamia nut butter, and process until smooth.
- Store macadamia nut butter in a mason jar or a resealable container. Place any unused nut butter in the refrigerator for up to one month. Freeze any extra nut butter for up to 4 months.
Nutrition info (per serving*):
Carbs: 4 grams
Fat: 22 grams
Protein: 5 grams
Nutrition info calculated using Cronometer.
*One serving is 2 Tbsp. of macadamia nut butter.
You might also like these other collagen snack recipes: