Similar to tapioca or rice pudding, chia seed pudding is a thick, creamy emulsion that can be sweetened or not and dotted with fresh fruits for an easy-to-tote treat or breakfast. Packed with omega-3s, fiber, magnesium, and manganese, chia seeds create a gel-like thickness when suspended in liquid. They’re a great way to mimic the texture of grain- or starch-based puddings. If you prefer a smoother pudding, blend the chia seeds with the coconut milk and steeped tea in a high-speed blender or food processor before placing in the refrigerator.
Collagen Chia Seed Pudding
Time: 3–8 hours, 15 minutes
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons loose dried butterfly pea tea flowers
- ⅓ cup filtered water
- 2 scoops Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel Drink Mix – Vanilla
- Sliced/chopped fruit for topping
- Sweeter of choice to taste (optional)
- Pour can of coconut milk into large mason jar/container with chia seeds and Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel. Stir well to evenly distribute and break up clumps.
- Make the butterfly pea tea by boiling ⅓ cup water, add in flowers, and steep for 7-10 minutes. Strain out flowers, add tea to chia mixture, and stir well.
- Place blue chia pudding mixture in fridge for a few hours/overnight to thicken.
- When pudding is to your desired thickness, add sliced/chopped fruit to serving bowls or jars and spoon in chia pudding.
- Top with more fruit and serve.
Nutritional information (per serving):
Carbs: 17 grams
Fat: 13 grams
Protein: 15 grams
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer.
You might also like these other collagen treats:
- Strawberry Orange Collagen Popsicles
- Chocolate Collagen Keto Fat Bombs
- Collagen-Infused Cocoa with Primal Marshmallows
- Collagen Fuel Ice Cream
- Gluten-Free Keto Donut Holes
- No Bake Golden Coconut Cheesecake Bites
- Vanilla Coconut Gelato
- Paleo Pecan Sticky Buns