Peanut butter bread (#peanutbutterbread) is trending on social media while most people are quarantined in their homes as spring begins to bud around the country. As grocery stores and online retailers sold out of flour and yeast in the early days of the pandemic in the U.S. and have been slow to restock, antsy bakers are experimenting with quick bread recipes as an alternative. True to its name, quick bread recipes—such as zucchini, banana, or pumpkin breads—can be prepared, baked, cooled, and eaten in about an hour. No waiting around for dough to rise, no kneading, and no littering the counter (and floor) with excess flour.
Our peanut butter bread recipe is flourless, gluten-free, and uses granulated monk fruit as a sweetener. This lower-carb version can also be made with flax eggs—whisk one tablespoon ground flaxseed meal with three tablespoons of water per egg, and let firm up in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature with softened butter or a smear of jam or mashed berries for some peanut-butter-and-jelly nostalgia.
Flourless, Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Bread
Time: 55 minutes
- 1 cup all-natural peanut butter (unsweetened)
- 3 large eggs, or flax eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 3/4 cup almond flour, finely ground
- 2 scoops Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel - Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon monk fruit, granulated
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the first three ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk together until combined.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir together to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix until all of the dry ingredients are well combined with the wet. The batter will be thick.
- Pour batter into the lined bread pan, smoothing out the top of the batter so it's even.
- Bake bread for 30–35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Lift up the sides of the parchment paper to remove the loaf. Slice into 10 slices. Serve with butter or jam, if desired.
Nutrition Info (per serving; 1/10 of loaf):
Carbs: 17 grams
Net Carbs: 14 grams
Fat: 19 grams
Protein: 12 grams
You might also like these other gluten-free recipes: