Butternut Squash Kale Autumn Salad
November 25, 2017
As the temperatures dip, it's natural to start craving warmer and more savory dishes. Fulfill your autumn cravings and stock up on local produce with delicious, antioxidant-rich butternut squash, kale, Brussels sprouts, and pecans. Layer on Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil for a subtle creaminess, and Primal Kitchen® Honey Mustard Vinaigrette for that perfect hint of sweet and tangy. For more amazing recipes by Cameron Linville, check out her blog The Freckled Foodie!
About Cameron Linville
Cameron lives in New York City, where's she's a passionate foodie, recipe creator, and food photographer.
For Cameron, food has always been a way to bring people together. Her favorite memories growing up—be it Friday night grill outs or Saturday football games—all centered around food. Nothing makes Cameron happier now than experimenting in the kitchen, and bringing people she loves around the table for delicious meals.
ROASTED BUTTNERNUT SQUASH AND PECAN SALAD
- Kale (1 bunch)
- Butternut squash (1/2)
- Brussel sprouts (1 large handful)
- Pecans (1/2 cup)
- Goat cheese
- Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil
- Primal Kitchen® Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Chop the butternut squash into small 1/4 inch pieces.
- Wash and cut the Brussels sprouts in half, first horizontally and then vertically.
- Toss the butternut squash pieces and brussel sprouts in Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place the vegetables in the oven on a parchment-lined baking sheet at 425 degrees.
- Cook the squash until soft, and begin to crisp on the edges (~30 min) and the Brussels sprouts until they begin to brown (~15 min).
- While the vegetables are cooking, clean and de-stem the kale.
- Massage the kale with Primal Kitchen® Honey Mustard Vinaigrette and place into a bowl.
- Once the vegetables are done cooking, place them in a bowl with the kale and top with pecans and crumbled goat cheese.