As incredulous as it may sound to those who don’t follow a keto, Primal/paleo, Whole30, or other type of clean eating plan, sometimes you just need to eat a salad. And not just any Big-Ass Salad, but one that features the hearty roughage of kale (to, uh, ahem keep things moving through the body), satiating creaminess of avocado, clean and crisp snap of cucumber, and chewy lean protein. Accented by an upgraded classic dressing—oil and vinegar—and a sprinkle of granulated garlic, onion, poppy and sesame seeds, this salad doesn’t set the common alluring traps of cheese and bacon to entice eaters. Rather, the simplicity of six real-food ingredients is the only exclamation mark necessary; pull out this stalwart whenever you crave basic nourishment without frills.
Keto Kale Salad with Avocado Oil & Vinegar Dressing
Time: 5 minutes
- 4 cups kale
- ½ English or hothouse cucumber, sliced
- ½ avocado, sliced 1 chicken breast, cooked and sliced
- 4 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil & Vinegar Vinaigrette & Marinade
- 1 teaspoon Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
- Wash and dry the kale and cucumber.
- Tear the kale leaves from the stems. Cut kale leaves into bite-sized pieces. Dice the kale stems.
- Place kale leaves and stems in a large bowl. Top with cucumber, avocado, and chicken slices.
- Drizzle with avocado oil & vinegar dressing. Sprinkle with seasoning mix. Enjoy!
Nutritional information (per serving):
Carbs: 7.6 grams
Fat: 25 grams
Protein: 29 grams
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer.
You might also like these other salad recipes: