The quick, five-ingredient (seasoning and cilantro aside) Whole30 and paleo lettuce cups recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner recipe when you're short one time, bothered from your commute, and starving. Simply chop a bell pepper, brown ground pork, stir together a few other ingredients, and dinner's done. Primal Kitchen Hawaiian-Style BBQ Sauce accents the unctuous ground pork and sweetness of the red bell pepper and pineapple with smoky, savory, Island-kissed flavor. Scoop straight from the skillet, or pile atop of lettuce leaves, and devour.
Paleo and Whole30 Lettuce Cups
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits (no sugar added)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Hawaiian-Style BBQ Sauce
- Butter lettuce, cleaned and separated into cups
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, chopped
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add ground pork. Break meat up with a wooden spoon or spatula. Cook meat until browned, stirring frequently, about 4–5 minutes.
- Remove meat from skillet and drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Add diced red bell pepper to skillet and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add pineapple tidbits to the skillet and cook for 1 minute.
- Add pork back to the skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and stir. Pour in BBQ sauce, and stir well.
- Serve the pork in lettuce cups. Sprinkle with cilantro, and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serving; about 3 ounces of the meat mixture):
Carbs: 10 grams
Fat: 16 grams
Protein: 21 grams
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer.
You might also like these other Paleo and Whole30 recipes: