Keto Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with BBQ Sauce (5 Ingredients)
September 28, 2020
Versatile, crowd- and family-pleasing, and simple, pulled pork is best when cooked low and slow in a set-it-and-forget-it slow cooker. Our keto-friendly slow cooker pulled pork can be made overnight or in the morning before leaving for work (even if the office is just a few steps away from your kitchen), and can easily be included in a weekend meal prep day. Simply season a bone-in pork shoulder or pork butt with salt and pepper, plop in the slow cooker with bone broth, set the slow cooker to low and walk away for 10 hours. When the cook time is done, simply shred the meat, remove the bone, and combine a cup of the cooking liquid with our Keto Certified Classic BBQ Sauce or Golden BBQ Sauce for a five-ingredient protein that can transform any breakfast, lunch, or dinner recipe into something as rich, smoky, and savory as bacon but without the greasy mess left on the stove. Check out our list of ways to use this keto-friendly slow cooker pulled pork after the recipe.
Keto Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with BBQ Sauce
Time: 10 hours, 35 minutes
- 8 lb. bone-in pork shoulder
- 1 1/4 cups bone broth (chicken, beef, or pork)
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- 1 bottle Primal Kitchen Classic BBQ Sauce or Primal Kitchen Golden BBQ Sauce
- Season the meat on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the pork in the slow cooker. Pour the bone broth over the meat, put the lid on, and seal.
- Cook on low for 10 hours.
- When the meat is done, carefully remove the meat from the slow cooker.
- Reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid, and store any remaining in a mason jar in the refrigerator or in a freezer-safe airtight container or bag to use in soups, stews, or to sip.
- Place the pork back into the slow cooker. Shred the meat with two forks, and remove the bone. Add the reserved cooking liquid on top of the meat.
- Add Primal Kitchen Classic BBQ Sauce, place the lid back on, and cook on low for another 30 minutes.
- Turn off slow cooker, and serve.
Ways to Use Keto Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Use your culinary imagination to eat your way through a batch of pulled pork. There are so many keto-friendly ways to enjoy this meltingly tender meat:
- Serve on top of Big Ass Salads
- Make keto pulled pork sliders: Use cooked sweet potato, zucchini, eggplant, or portobello mushroom caps as the "buns," pile the pulled pork in between the veggie buns and top with more keto-friendly BBQ sauce
- Use in place of ground meat in chili or soups
- Make a southwest-style hash: Shred celery root, parsnips, or potatoes and cook in a cast iron skillet with avocado oil. Remove veg and add a little more avocado oil to skillet. Fry two eggs until cooked to your liking. Remove eggs, then add veg and pulled pork to the skillet, stirring frequently, until the pork is warm. Serve the hash with the fried eggs on top and drizzle with hot sauce or Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce
- Use in a macro bowl: Add 1-2 cups of cooked cauliflower rice to a bowl. Top with pulled pork, diced avocado, toasted pumpkin seeds, pico de gallo, fresh cilantro leaves, and a drizzle of Primal Kitchen Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Eat as is alongside this Apple Coleslaw
- Create a deceptively easy brunch dish with this Keto Breakfast Tostada with Cilantro Lime Avocado Sauce
- Serve on top of a baked regular or sweet potato; if you'd prefer a less starchy option, cut a large zucchini in half, scoop out the inside to make a boat and cook it for about 10 minutes at 400ºF. Remove zucchini and add pulled pork inside the zucchini boats.
Nutrition info (per serving):
Carbs: 2 grams
Fat: 29 grams
Protein: 36 grams
Nutrition info calculated using Cronometer. One serving is about 5 ounces of pulled pork.
You might also like these other pork recipes: