Our original egg roll bowl, made with our No-Soy Teriyaki Sauce and coconut aminos, was such a hit that we decided to make a twin version using our sweet-and-salty No-Soy Island Teriyaki Sauce. Our keto-friendly egg roll in a bowl uses pre-shredded tri-color coleslaw in a bag to make prep and cook time 15 minutes or less. We added naturally sweet notes from chopped red bell pepper and fresh pineapple chunks, and garnished with garden-fresh scallions and a crunchy pop from chopped peanuts (use macadamias or almonds if you prefer). Ideal for quick weeknight dinners, potluck eaten at the kids' soccer game, or prep-ahead lunch at work, this salty, umami mix of sweet and savory flavors will make this a definite go-to keto meal.
Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 bag tri-color coleslaw
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup Primal Kitchen No-Soy Island Teriyaki
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, macadamia nuts, or almonds, chopped (for garnish)
- 3 pieces fresh pineapple (for garnish, if desired)
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add avocado oil. Place ground pork in the skillet, breaking up the large chunks with a wooden spoon or heat-safe spatula.
- Cook the pork, stirring frequently and breaking up any larger clumps, until browned (about 4–5 minutes).
- Remove the pork from the skillet and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Dump the coleslaw and chopped red bell pepper into the skillet. Cook for 3–4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add No-Soy Island Teriyaki to the skillet, stirring until combined. Remove from heat and plate, sprinkling sliced green onions and chopped nuts (we used peanuts) on top of each portion. Garnish with pieces of pineapple, if desired.
Nutrition Info (per serving):
Total Carbs: 18 grams
Net Carbs: 14 grams
Fat: 30 grams
Protein: 34 grams
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer.
You might also like these other keto recipes: