Light, crisp, creamy, and refreshing, coleslaw is a welcome warm weather side dish, perfect picnic partner, or topper for smoky, saucy sandwiches dripping with barbecue sauce. Our vegan coleslaw uses the usual suspects—shredded cabbage and carrots—but also includes thinly sliced green and red apples for sweet, tart contrast. Sauced simply with Primal Kitchen Vegan Mayo made with potato protein (no aquafaba) and optional maple syrup for a touch of sweetness, this vegan coleslaw takes less than 10 minutes to prepare. It'll become a quick-and-easy family favorite, vegan or not!
Vegan Coleslaw with Apples
Time: 5-10 minutes
- 3/4 cup Primal Kitchen Vegan Mayo
- 4 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 carrot, shredded
- 1 red apple, sliced
- 1 green apple, sliced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, optional
- Use store-bought shredded cabbage and carrots to cut down on prep time. If you'd prefer to shred your own, use a food processor to shred the cabbage and carrots.
- Slice the apples, discarding the stems and core.
- Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Store any uneaten coleslaw in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Nutrition info (per serving):
Carbs: 11 grams
Fat: 17 grams
Protein: 1 gram
Nutrition information calculated using Cronometer.
You might also like these other vegan recipes: