Honey Mustard Pork Chops and Balsamic-Braised Red Cabbage
Head into the Thanksgiving holiday season with fresh fall flavors and a beautiful pop of autumn color! Pair these two mouthwatering recipes together, or make them separately as winning side dishes.
Juicy pork chops marinated in Primal Kitchen® Honey Mustard Vinaigrette come with a touch of holiday sweetness, and make an excellent protein choice when served with shredded braised purple cabbage infused with our brand new Balsamic Vinaigrette.
Get cooking in the kitchen with all your favorite Primal Kitchen dressings - made with 100% pure avocado oil and all real food ingredients, including flavorful herbs and spices. Free of soy, dairy, and gluten, the versatility of these condiments will have you adding fall pizzazz to all your favorite meats, stuffings, veggies, and more!
Honey Mustard Pork Chops and Balsamic Braised Cabbage
Time: 1 hour
- 3 Tbsp. Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil
- 1 yellow onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Granny Smith apple, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Primal Kitchen® Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 cup hard cider
- 1 cup water
- 1 head purple cabbage , cored and finely shredded
- 4 pork chops
- Primal Kitchen® Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
For the balsamic-braised cabbage...
- Warm up the Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil in a large fry pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and a pinch of salt. Sauté until the onion is soft and translucent (5 to 7 minutes).
- Add the honey to the fry pan, and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the apple slices and Primal Kitchen® Balsamic Vinaigrette, increase the heat to medium-high, and use a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, then add the hard cider and 1 cup water.
- Season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Return the liquid to a boil, and then immediately reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer the pan for about 10 minutes, or until the liquid begins to reduce.
- Add the cabbage. Using tongs, toss to coat well with the liquid in the pan.
- Cover the pan, and cook all the ingredients for about 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage begins to wilt.
- Uncover the pan and continue cooking the cabbage for roughly 25 to 30 minutes longer until it's tender and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add an extra pinch of salt and pepper, if needed.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the orange zest.
- Transfer the cabbage to a warmed bowl and serve immediately.
For the pork chops...
- Marinate the pork chops in Primal Kitchen® Honey Mustard Vinaigrette for 30 minutes.
- Grill to perfection.