Salmon Alfredo Pasta
October 24, 2023
Eating salmon always feels like a luxury, no matter what you pair it with. Fresh, meaty, flaky, and delicious, salmon elevates everything from the humble green bean to asparagus, rice, and salads. This easy salmon Alfredo recipe takes the richness of this oily fish one step further with the addition of a gorgeous Alfredo Sauce brimming with flavor and crafted without dairy, soy, or canola oil.
Our recipe breaks the process down into three simple steps: baking the salmon, cooking the pasta, and combining it all together with the creamy, velvety sauce. While we’ve laid out the steps separately, you can also set a timer or two and cook the noodles and fish simultaneously for a quicker meal that can be on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Salmon Alfredo Pasta
This easy 30-minute-or-less recipe has all the homestyle flavor of scratch-made salmon alfredo with far less simmering and waiting. The rich, buttery taste of the fish is enhanced by a creamy, dreamy, no-dairy pasta sauce crafted with intentional ingredients like avocado oil.
- 12 ounces salmon (2-3 portions)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ lemon, sliced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces chickpea pasta
- ¼ cup reserved pasta water
- 2-3 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1-2 cups fresh or thawed frozen spinach
- Big pinch of salt and pepper
Make the salmon:
Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Melt the butter in an oven-safe skillet or pan.
- Place the salmon portions skin side down in the pan and spoon the butter over the top. Sprinkle the garlic, pepper and salt on top of the salmon and place the lemon slices along each portion of salmon.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes, or until the salmon is fully cooked through and flakes when cut with a fork.
Make the pasta:
Heat a pot of water on your stovetop over medium-high heat.
Once it comes to a boil, add your pasta. Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
Drain the pasta and reserve about ¼ cup of the liquid in a small bowl or cup.
Put it all together:
Place the drained pasta back into the pot. Add in the Alfredo sauce, lemon juice, spinach (thawed, if using frozen), and half of the parsley. Heat on medium-low.
- Add the pasta water a little at a time until the sauce reaches your desired consistency and the spinach is wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste and remove from the heat.
- Serve the salmon portions over the pasta. Alternatively, you can flake the salmon into pieces and carefully fold it into the pasta.
- Top with the remaining parsley and enjoy.
- Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer.
- For added flavor, roast garlic and squeeze some of the roasted garlic cloves into the pasta. You can also add additional vegetables like chopped roasted asparagus or broccoli.
- Serving Size
- 1 serving
- per serving
- 59.4 grams
- 19.8 grams
- 39.6 grams
You might also like these other pasta recipes: