This five-ingredient (six, if you count salt!) gluten-free pasta recipe can be thrown together in less than 20 minutes for a family dinner that's filling and fast. This gluten-free pasta recipe uses two cooking shortcuts: jarred, no-dairy Garlic Alfredo Sauce and leftover rotisserie chicken. If you don't have rotisserie chicken, you can shred or dice two leftover cooked chicken breasts or chicken thighs.
To keep this recipe dairy-free, you can omit the parmesan cheese or make a dairy-free, vegan cheese; here's how:
- Combine 1/2 cup hemp hearts, 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a high-speed blender, food processor, or spice grinder (you’ll need to make the cheese in batches if you use a spice grinder).
- Pulse about 20 times, scraping down the sides if needed, or until the hemp seeds become slightly powdery, and are well combined with the yeast.
- Recipe makes about ½ cup of Vegan Parmesan Cheese. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for one week.
Gluten-Free Fusilli with Rotisserie Chicken and Garlic Alfredo Sauce
Time: 17 minutes
- 1 box gluten-free, chickpea or other fusilli pasta
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar Primal Kitchen No-Dairy Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, if desired, or vegan parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, torn
- Place a large pot of water on the stove on high heat. When the water comes to a roiling boil, add salt to the water.
- Drop the dried pasta into the boiling water. Cook according to the pasta package directions. Reserve 1/4 cup of the boiled pasta water, then drain the pasta.
- Place the drained pasta back into the pot and turn the heat off on the stove.
- Open the No-Dairy Garlic Alfredo Sauce and pour the sauce into the pot. Stir the sauce into the hot pasta, adding one tablespoon of the reserved pasta cooking water as needed to thin the sauce.
- Once the sauce is well mixed into the pasta, add the shredded chicken, parmesan cheese (if using), and the torn basil, and stir. Enjoy!
Nutrition info (per serving; 1/6 of the pasta):
Carbs: 51 grams*
Net Carbs: 49 grams
Fat: 10 grams
Protein: 26 grams
Nutrition information calculated using Cronometer.
*If you'd like a lower-carb version, substitute spiralized vegetable noodles, riced cauliflower or broccoli, or shiritaki noodles for the gluten-free fusilli in this recipe.
You might also like these other pasta recipes: