Veggie Pizza with Red Sauce (in 25 Minutes!)
October 15, 2020
When you want pizza fast, you can order delivery or you can bake your own at home. If you want a pizza your way, you can either customize your shop-made pie and pay the extra fees for cherry picking your toppings or you can build your own pizza at home. With the wide array of frozen and ready-made pizza crusts available now, including refrigerated ready-made dough, gluten-free, frozen cauliflower and veggie-spiked pizza crusts, you can have the best of both worlds by combining the convenience of a ready-to-top-and-bake pizza crust with red sauce or white sauce or just olive oil and your favorite toppings. But before you top your pre-made pizza crust, make sure to read the package instructions, as most refrigerated or frozen pizza crusts require some bake time in the oven before being adorned with toppings.
We love classic toppings like pepperoni and sausage with olives, but our veggie pizza with red sauce hits the spot when you're in the mood for gooey melted cheese, a sweet, sun-ripened sauce, but also want the variety of lightly caramelized veggies. Made with a frozen almond flour pizza crust, our easy veggie pizza comes together in about 25 minutes. We spooned on a generous spread of our unsweetened red pizza sauce and topped with skinny half moons of red onion and green bell pepper, thinly sliced white button mushrooms, broccoli florets, cherry tomato quarters, and coin-sized slices of white string cheese—tip: string cheese melts really well. You can substitute fresh buffalo mozzarella, or a mild vegan cheese if you want a vegan pizza.
Veggie Pizza with Red Sauce Recipe
Time: 30 minutes total (5-min prep, 25-min bake time)
- 1 frozen pizza crust (we used Cappello's Grain Free Naked Pizza Crust)
- 1/4 cup Primal Kitchen Unsweetened Pizza Sauce
- 4 sticks string cheese
- 1/4 cup broccoli florets, separated
- 12 thin slices red onion
- 6 green bell pepper strips, cut in half
- 1/4 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tsp. parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Place a baking sheet or pizza stone in the middle rack of the oven while it heats up.
- Place unpacked pizza crust on the preheated baking sheet or pizza stone (use oven mitts to handle the sheet or stone). Bake pizza crust for 11–15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove the pizza crust from the oven.
- Spoon on red pizza sauce and, with the back of the spoon, spread it out on the bottom of the crust. Top the pizza crust with all of the veggies and cheese coins.
- Place the pizza in the oven and bake for 6–10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and lightly golden. Remove the pizza from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before slicing.
- Sprinkle the cooked pizza with fresh parsley, and enjoy!
Nutrition info (per serving; 1/3 of pizza):
Carbs: 29 grams
Fat: 25 grams
Protein: 15 grams
Nutrition info calculated using Cronometer.
You might also like these other pizza recipes: