There’s nothing better than picking fresh basil from your garden, or finding the perfect leafy bunch at the farmer’s market. Whip together a batch of mouthwatering, homemade avocado oil pesto with that beautiful bunch of anise-flavored basil.
Add in a cauliflower crust, fresh veggies, Primal Kitchen® Vegan Ranch, Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil, Primal Kitchen California Extra Virgin Avocado Oil, and a top of mozzarella cheese, and you have a keto cauliflower pizza topped with rich pesto, sweet tomato, fresh basil, and gooey melted cheese.
Want to learn more about keto?
Get 30 days of FREE keto recipes, meal and exercise plans, and more! Learn more about Keto Month.
Ready to get cooking?
Pesto Keto Cauliflower Pizza
For the pizza crust…
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tablespoon Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
For the avocado oil pesto…
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup Primal Kitchen Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup broccolini
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (full fat!)
- 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Vegan Ranch
Optional: Top with red pepper flakes
For the cauliflower pizza crust...
- Pulse cauliflower in food processor until it turns into rice.
- Squeeze riced cauliflower through a cheese cloth or dish towel to remove moisture.
- Place the cauliflower and coconut flour into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and spices until you’ve created a uniform liquid.
- Combine the eggs and spices with the cauliflower and coconut flour, and knead the mixture into a smooth dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and roll out the cauliflower dough into an even, circular crust about 1/2 inch thick. Brush the crust with Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil.
- Bake the crust at 400ºF for 30 minutes.
For the Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil pesto...
- Add the basil leaves, parmesan cheese, pine nuts, garlic cloves, Primal Kitchen® Extra Virgin Avocado Oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper into the food processor.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth.
Topping the pizza...
- Slice the tomatoes thinly.
- Cut the broccolini into pieces.
- Slice the full-fat mozzarella cheese into even pieces.
- Spread the pesto over the pizza crust in a thick, delicious layer.
- Artfully layer veggies and cheese on top of the pesto.
- Add a few thick lines of Primal Kitchen Vegan Ranch.
- Finish off with red pepper flakes, a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and light drizzle of Primal Kitchen Extra Virgin Avocado Oil, if desired.
- Pop the pizza in the oven for another 6-7 minutes at 400ºF, or until the veggies are tender.
Nutritional info (per serving):
Carbs: 18 grams
Net Carbs: 10 grams
Fat: 40 grams
Protein: 12.6 grams
Nutritional information calculated with Cronometer.
You might also like these other keto-friendly cauliflower recipes:
- BBQ Ranch Keto Cauliflower Pizza
- Vegan Ranch Cauliflower Pizza
- Dreamy Italian Cauliflower Wings
- Chipotle Lime Roasted Cauliflower
- Buffalo Cauliflower Rice
- Ranch Cauliflower Mash