There’s nothing better than picking fresh basil from your garden, or finding the perfect leafy bunch at the farmer’s market. Whip together a batch of mouthwatering, homemade avocado oil pesto with that beautiful bunch of anise-flavored basil.
Add in a cauliflower crust, fresh veggies, Primal Kitchen® Vegan Ranch, Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil, Primal Kitchen California Extra Virgin Avocado Oil, and a top of mozzarella cheese, and you have a keto cauliflower pizza topped with rich pesto, sweet tomato, fresh basil, and gooey melted cheese.
Ready to get cooking?
Pesto Keto Cauliflower Pizza
For the pizza crust…
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tablespoon Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
For the avocado oil pesto…
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup Primal Kitchen Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup broccolini
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (full fat!)
- 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Vegan Ranch
Optional: Top with red pepper flakes
For the cauliflower pizza crust...
- Pulse cauliflower in food processor until it turns into rice.
- Squeeze riced cauliflower through a cheese cloth or dish towel to remove moisture.
- Place the cauliflower and coconut flour into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and spices until you’ve created a uniform liquid.
- Combine the eggs and spices with the cauliflower and coconut flour, and knead the mixture into a smooth dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and roll out the cauliflower dough into an even, circular crust about 1/2 inch thick. Brush the crust with Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil.
- Bake the crust at 400ºF for 30 minutes.
For the Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil pesto...
- Add the basil leaves, parmesan cheese, pine nuts, garlic cloves, Primal Kitchen® Extra Virgin Avocado Oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper into the food processor.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth.
Topping the pizza...
- Slice the tomatoes thinly.
- Cut the broccolini into pieces.
- Slice the full-fat mozzarella cheese into even pieces.
- Spread the pesto over the pizza crust in a thick, delicious layer.
- Artfully layer veggies and cheese on top of the pesto.
- Add a few thick lines of Primal Kitchen Vegan Ranch.
- Finish off with red pepper flakes, a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and light drizzle of Primal Kitchen Extra Virgin Avocado Oil, if desired.
- Pop the pizza in the oven for another 6-7 minutes at 400ºF, or until the veggies are tender.
Nutritional info (per serving):
Carbs: 18 grams
Net Carbs: 10 grams
Fat: 40 grams
Protein: 12.6 grams
Nutritional information calculated with Cronometer.
You might also like these other keto-friendly cauliflower recipes:
- BBQ Ranch Keto Cauliflower Pizza
- Vegan Ranch Cauliflower Pizza
- Dreamy Italian Cauliflower Wings
- Chipotle Lime Roasted Cauliflower
- Buffalo Cauliflower Rice
- Ranch Cauliflower Mash