Perfect for busy weeknights when homework, wrapping up on work projects, and squeezing in end-of-the-day exercise makes you wonder how it got so late, this grain-free, four-ingredient cheese pizza pleases the eyes and appetites of picky kids. It can also make parents feel victorious that they didn't cave to the convenience of frozen pizza although this cheese pizza recipe doesn't take much more effort than preheating the oven, opening a cardboard box, and peeling shrink-wrapped plastic off of a frost-covered pizza disk.
Even better, the kids can help make this grain-free cheese pizza. All that's required is heating up the oven, chopping mozzarella string cheese, and painting a thin layer of your favorite jarred marinara sauce (we're partial to our Tomato Basil Marinara, of course) onto a grain-free burrito-size tortilla. This extra thin crust pizza bakes up quickly in the oven, so you can get dinner on the table in about 20 minutes.
Grain-Free Cheese Pizza
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 burrito-sized grain-free tortilla (we used Siete Foods brand)
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Spray
- 4 low-moisture mozzarella cheese sticks, chopped into 1/8-inch coins
- 3 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Tomato Basil Marinara Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray the tortilla on both sides with Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Spray (don't be shy with it).
- Place the tortilla on a pizza stone or baking sheet. Place the marinara sauce in the middle and use the back of a spoon to spread the sauce out onto the tortilla, leaving a 1/4- to 1/2-inch border along the outer edge.
- Top the sauce with the cheese coins evenly on the tortilla.
- Slide into the oven and bake for 10–15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted, bubbly, and a bit golden on the top.
Nutrition info (per serving: half of pizza):
Carbs: 21 grams
Fat: 16 grams
Protein: 17 grams
Nutrition info calculated using Cronometer.
You might also like these other kid-friendly recipes:
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges with Ketchup
- Paleo Chicken Tenders with BBQ Sauce
- Completos: Hot Dogs with Mayo
- Primal Chicken Nuggets & Sweet Potato Fries
- Easy Chicken Dinner Recipe for Kids and Parents
- Kid-Friendly Lunch Ideas for School
- Collagen Gummies