Vegan Margherita Pizza
Is any food as comforting as pizza? Warm, with ooey-gooey cheese and crispy crust, there is no better remedy for a hard day than a slice (or three) of pizza. This lightning-fast, grain-free, four-ingredient, vegan margherita pizza is almost too good to be true, and will easily become a weeknight staple in your recipe rotation.
Pizza always makes me think of Friday nights in my family’s house, with everyone converging into one overcrowded kitchen after a long week. As my siblings and I have gotten older, ordering TGIF ‘za isn’t as simple as it used to be: with various diets and food sensitivities, a plain pie just doesn’t cut it. This easy-peasy vegan pizza recipe checks all the boxes: gluten-free crust, no dairy, and made in just 15 minutes (or less!). Plus, I’m a sometimes-vegan/vegetarian that’s always on the hunt for easy, cozy meals I can make with and for my nieces and nephews... that aren’t chicken nuggets. This recipe is simple enough to allow little paws to participate, adding sauce, “cheese”, basil, and any other vegan pizza toppings their heart (or yours) desires.
While vegan cheese pizza is slowly becoming more popular at local pizza joints, I’m usually too impatient to wait for the delivery van to show up. Inevitably I place my order only after I’ve decided I’m starving, and then I pace the kitchen, noshing on whatever is around, only to be full on random snacks when the pizza finally arrives. With just a burrito wrap, a few tablespoons of plant-based Primal Kitchen Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce (with enough leftover to make this vegan, grain-free pasta), and some delicious globs of a ricotta alternative cheese, this pie is made in minutes, uses pantry staples, and is magically restaurant-worthy.
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 grain-free burrito wrap (this was made with a wrap from Siete Foods)
- ½ Tub of Kite Hill Ricotta Alternative
- 3 Tbs Primal Kitchen Tomato Basil Sauce
- Avocado Spray Oil
- Dried and/or Fresh Basil
- Vegan Ranch for dipping
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees.
- Spray the wrap all over on both sides (feel free to go for it).
- Place the wrap on a cookie sheet.
- Spread sauce liberally across the wrap.
- Scoop the ricotta alternative in chunks all over the top of the wrap, using about ½ the tub. The ricotta alternative will warm through while baking, but not melt.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the wrap is crispy.
- Top with basil and/or assorted Italian herbs, and dunk into Primal Kitchen Vegan Ranch!
Nutrition Info Per Pizza:
Nutritional info calculated using Cronometer.