Ratatouille à la Charlotte is a show-stopper! To make this holiday recipe even more divine, @confessionsofacleanfoodie cooks this dish to perfection in a Lodge Cast Iron Skillet. This recipe is wonderful served atop potatoes, chicken, eggs, rice, or just by itself.
Made with Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil, you can be sure to get in plenty of beneficial fats, antioxidants, and rich, creamy flavor too!
Charlotte is an amazing blogger and avid foodie who decided to combine her passion for cooking and bettering her health through Confessions of a Clean Foodie. On her blog, Charlotte has created a space where she can share her journey and recipes in hopes of inspiring others to do the same. Her social media presence @ConfessionsOfACleanFoodie has become her baby, her passion and her life. Today, Charlotte is using her voice to encourage others to change their lives.
From Charlotte herself: "Health is NOT about being skinny, or conforming to society’s idea of beautiful… It is about living your best life and accomplishing your goals."
Learn more about Charlotte and get inspired by her creations at @ConfessionsOfACleanFoodie!
Ratatouille á la Charlotte
- 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups marinara sauce (jar or homemade)
- ½ cup bone broth
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms
For the dressing...
- 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen® Greek Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoons Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoons dried rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Prep all vegetables by thoroughly washing and thinly slicing them.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of avocado oil in an 11-inch cast-iron pan.
- Sauté onions and garlic until soften and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add marinara, bone broth, crushed red pepper flakes and stir.
- Remove sauce from heat.
- Place vegetables into the skillet by alternating the eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, and jalapeños in a spiral until you reach the center.
- In a bowl, mix dressing ingredients and drizzle over vegetables.
- Cover with parchment paper and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove parchment and continue baking for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, set aside to cool for ~7-10 minutes and serve.