A wonderfully simple symphony of toasted garlic, sharp and spicy red pepper flakes, rich and briny olive oil coating twirly strands of pasta, spaghetti aglio e olio—or spaghetti with garlic and oil—is a quick and easy dinner that most every eater at your table can love. Scatter some freshly grated parmigiano reggiano atop the mound of oil-slicked noodles for a nutty, salty bite the kids will adore. Add some pan-seared chicken, shrimp, or clams for additional texture and protein. Toss with baby spinach or kale to get your greens.
Our version of garlic and olive oil pasta is keto-, Primal/paleo-, and Whole30-friendly, low-carb, and gluten-free, as the “pasta” part of the dish is actually made from hearts of palm. This ingenious noodle substitute provides a soft, noodle-like texture with a mild flavor that absorbs whatever sauce or aromatics you toss it with. Soaking the heart of palm linguine in unsweetened almond milk or other milk alternative, then draining thoroughly, is the key to giving the noodles a neutral flavor that allows the garlic, red pepper, and extra virgin olive oil accents to shine. We kept our version of garlic and olive oil pasta dairy-free, and top with chopped parsley for color and a bit of extra flavor.
Keto Garlic and Olive Oil “Pasta”
Time: 35 minutes
- 1 package Palmini Linguine
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk, or other milk alternative
- 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons Italian parsley, chopped
- Drain Palmini noodles.
- Tip: For milder flavor, soak in milk alternative for 30 minutes and then drain thoroughly.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add a glove of minced garlic to the oil. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add noodles and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and red pepper flakes, and top with fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Nutritional information (per serving):
Carbs: 4.6 grams
Fat: 14 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer.
You might also like these other keto recipes: