Looking to up your appetizer game? These stuffed jalapeño peppers bring it with a lot of flavor and a little bit of heat and are low in carbs. They're a kicky keto snack! Add even more points for a Whole30-Approved, sugar-free spicy chorizo to pack a little protein and fresh peppers for low-carb delivery method.
Plus, sautéing your veggies and meat in Primal Kitchen Extra Virgin Avocado Oil will add a little extra richness and flavor. Try these keto, bite-sized stuffed peppers for the win!
- 1 pound spicy chorizo (we love Pederson’s Farms)
- 2 dozen jalapenos
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese or mozzarella cheese, grated
- Set oven to 400ºF.
- In a sauté pan, add 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil, sauté onions and garlic for 4-5 minutes on medium heat until onions turn translucent.
- Add chorizo to pan and brown with onion and garlic mixture.
- Cut jalapeños in half and fill with browned spicy chorizo, onions and garlic.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place stuffed jalapenos on baking sheet. Top each jalapeno with a sprinkle of cheese. Bake stuffed jalapeños until soft.
- Garnish with green onions, fresh cilantro leaves, and red bell pepper slices, if desired, and enjoy!
Nutritional Information (per serving; 2 stuffed jalapenos):
Carbs: 3.5 grams
Fat: 20 grams
Protein: 11.4 grams
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer.
You might also like these other keto snacks: