Looking to up your appetizer game? These stuffed jalapeño peppers bring it with a lot of flavor and a little bit of heat and are low in carbs and keto friendly! Add even more points for a Whole30-Approved, sugar-free spicy chorizo to pack a little protein and fresh peppers for low-carb delivery method.
Plus, sautéing your veggies and meat in Primal Kitchen Extra Virgin Avocado Oil will provide an added bonus of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats and vitamin E. Try these bite-sized, keto stuffed peppers for the win!
- 1 pound spicy chorizo, we love Pederson’s Farms
- 2 dozen jalapenos
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- Set oven to 400-degrees.
- In a sauté pan, add 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil, sauté onions and garlic for 4-5 minutes on medium heat until onions turn translucent.
- Add chorizo to pan and brown with onion and garlic mixture.
- Cut jalapeños in half and fill with browned spicy chorizo, onions and garlic.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake stuffed jalapeños until soft.
- Garnish with green onions & enjoy!