We get it, we know. Veggies are good for us. We should eat more of them. We hear this kind of advice all of the time, but what we really want are the secrets behind making vegetables taste good.
Kelsey Preciado is lighting the way with this incredible Fig and Sage Broccoli Salad, along with two major keys: adding sauce and oven roasting! Popping veggies in the oven, and drizzling them with clean, real food sauces and dressings (including all Primal Kitchen products) makes almost any kind of vegetable truly delectable.
Download Kelsey's eBook, Love Your Veggies, for more tips and recipes that make eating veggies both easy and fun!
About Kelsey Preciado
Kelsey is the recipe developer and photographer behind the beautiful blog Little Bits of Real Food. Kelsey inspires a balanced approach to health, fueled by paleo-based recipes, laughter, and wine on the weekend!
Kelsey worked in a bakery for two years in college, before deciding that the life of a pastry chef wasn't for her. She started her amazing and wildly successful blog, Little Bits of Real Food, as a way to continue sharing beautiful recipes and her gorgeous food photography.
After watching the documentary Fed Up, Kelsey began taking her diet and health to another level, cutting out processed foods and added sugar.
In both January of 2016 and January of 2017, Kelsey completed the 30-day Whole30 program, which further reinforced her commitment to clean eating. These days, Kelsey enjoys a paleo-based diet, with a sense of food freedom that includes chocolate, wine, and dinners out where sometimes she orders the salad, and sometimes not!
Make Kelsey's Fig and Sage Roasted Broccoli Salad with Primal Kitchen® Mayo for a mega dose of healthy fat and antioxidants!
Fig and Sage Roasted Broccoli Salad
- 7 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 tablespoon Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil
- 1/8 cup Primal Kitchen® Mayo
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1/4 cup chopped dried figs
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted cashews
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and layer the broccoli florets on top.
- Toss the broccoli florets with a drizzle of Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the broccoli florets in the oven and roast for 15 minutes. Stir the florets, and then cook them for another 10-15 minutes, or until they feel tender and begin to crisp around the edges.
- Remove the florets from the oven and set them aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the Primal Kitchen® Mayo, red wine vinegar, sage and ground fennel. Add a pinch of salt and pepper (to taste).
- Place the roasted broccoli in a bowl, and toss with the seasoned sauce.
- Add in dried figs, and stir to combine.
- Top with a sprinkle of chopped cashews.