We get it, we know. Veggies are good for us. We should eat more of them. We hear this kind of advice all of the time, but what we really want are the secrets behind making vegetables taste good.
Kelsey Preciado is lighting the way with this incredible Fig and Sage Broccoli Salad, along with two major keys: adding sauce and oven roasting! Popping veggies in the oven, and drizzling them with clean, real food sauces and dressings (including all Primal Kitchen products) makes almost any kind of vegetable truly delectable.
Download Kelsey's eBook, Love Your Veggies, for more tips and recipes that make eating veggies both easy and fun!
Fig and Sage Roasted Broccoli Salad
- 7 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 tablespoon Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil
- 1/8 cup Primal Kitchen® Mayo
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1/4 cup chopped dried figs
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted cashews
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and layer the broccoli florets on top.
- Toss the broccoli florets with a drizzle of Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the broccoli florets in the oven and roast for 15 minutes. Stir the florets, and then cook them for another 10-15 minutes, or until they feel tender and begin to crisp around the edges.
- Remove the florets from the oven and set them aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the Primal Kitchen® Mayo, red wine vinegar, sage and ground fennel. Add a pinch of salt and pepper (to taste).
- Place the roasted broccoli in a bowl, and toss with the seasoned sauce.
- Add in dried figs, and stir to combine.
- Top with a sprinkle of chopped cashews.