Paleo Spaghetti Waffles (Chaffles)
June 03, 2020
Spaghetti waffles—part waffle, part spaghetti, and all about the latest stick-anything-in-a-waffle-iron craze—is actually an inventive way to use up leftover spaghetti. You can make spaghetti waffles with any leftover pasta (doesn't have to just be spaghetti noodles); any gluten-free, chickpea, lentil, or other alternative pasta; and any vegetable that can be spiralized. We riffed on our popular keto chaffle recipe to create a Primal- and paleo-friendly version of spaghetti waffles; instead of pasta we used zoodles, a tiny bit of almond flour combined with egg and shredded cheese plus our collagen peptides to help bind the waffles together. Our paleo spaghetti waffles taste like a mashup of zoodles with meatballs and sausage pizza, complete with a crisp exterior and tender interior filled with slightly oozing cheese.
Paleo Spaghetti "Waffles" (Chaffles)
Time: 8 minutes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 scoop Primal Kitchen Collagen Peptides
- 1/8 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 cup zoodles
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Spray
- 1/4 cup Primal Kitchen Tomato Basil Marinara or Primal Kitchen Roasted Garlic Marinara
- 1-2 large meatballs*, optional
- 1 tablespoon shredded parmesan cheese, optional
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped, optional
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and stir to combine.
- Plug in a waffle maker. When it's hot, open and spray the insides with avocado oil.
- Pour the waffle batter inside, and close the top. Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until waffle is cooked and crisp.
- Remove from waffle maker and place on plate. Top with any flavor of Primal Kitchen pasta sauce, add meatballs and shredded parmesan cheese (if desired). Sprinkle with fresh parsley, if desired, and enjoy!
*Try this recipe for Keto Bison Meatballs.
Nutrition info (per serving)*:
Carbs: 23 grams
Fat: 52 grams
Protein: 58 grams
Nutrition information calculated using Cronometer. *Nutrition info includes one large beef meatball, 1/4 cup Primal Kitchen Roasted Garlic Marinara Sauce, 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, and 1 teaspoon fresh parsley.
You might also like these other Paleo- and keto-friendly recipes: