Keto Macro Bowl
November 11, 2019
Similar to a rice bowl or noodle bowl topped with plenty of vegetables, protein, and some fat, macro bowls offer a balanced blend of macronutrients, textures, and flavors. But, how can keto kids join the macro bowl party? By keeping a closer eye on the net carb content (which factors fiber into the equation) instead of just the overall carbs in the entire bowl, you can build a keto macro bowl that’s just full of unique colors, textures, and tastes as a higher-carb macro bowl. Instead of rice or potatoes, we used cauliflower rice and spinach to add bulk to the bowl, added toothsome and high-protein chicken, creamy emerald avocado slices, snappy and cool cucumber, juicy sweetness from cherry tomatoes, bitter roughage from red cabbage, and a salty bite and firm chew from fermented lupini beans. An unordinary switch-up from other bowl or salad toppers like high-carb croutons, roasted chickpeas, or dry-roasted edamame, the Brami Snacks Lupini Beans are blanched and lightly fermented in vinegar and lemon juice, and complement the tangy richness of the Avocado Oil & Vinegar vinaigrette used to accent the flavor of this keto macro bowl.
Keto Macro Bowl
Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup spinach, washed and dried
- ¾ cup cauliflower rice, cooked
- 4 ounce skinless chicken breast, cooked
- ¼ cub red cabbage, shredded
- 5 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ small hothouse or English cucumber, sliced
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- 25 Brami Snacks Lupini Beans with Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil & Vinegar Vinaigrette & Marinade
Want to learn how to make tasty, restaurant-style salads at home?
Get 7 days of FREE salad recipes, instructional videos, tips and tricks, downloadable bonuses, and more! Sign Up for the 7 Days, 7 Salads Challenge.
- Place spinach in the bottom of a large bowl.
- Top spinach with cauliflower rice, chicken, red cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers, sliced avocados, and Brami Lupini Beans.
- Drizzle Avocado Oil & Vinegar Vinaigrette on top, and enjoy!
Nutritional information (per serving):
Carbs: 18.4 grams
Net Carbs: 7 grams
Fat: 34 grams
Protein: 42 grams
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer.
You might also like these other keto recipes: