Is it possible to one-up an already over-the-top recipe for fried guacamole? Challenge accepted. We wanted to craft a fried guacamole recipe that was more palatable than a thickly breaded ball of molten hot, slightly melty mashed avocado, something more ingenious than oil-slicked, crisp-on-the-outside, mushy-on-the-inside avocado fries, and something that didn’t require skewers, sticks or other kabob accessories. Behold: Air Fried Guacamole!
Our Air Fried Guacamole marries the classic chips and guac combo into a handheld showstopper appetizer—no double dipping or browning-in-the-bowl guacamole concerns necessary. To keep things Primal/paleo, gluten- and grain-free, we used cassava flour and grain-free tortilla chips, and instead of deep frying, we used an AirFryer Toaster Oven. A wise word: These salty, crisp, satisfying babies are hyper palatable and that means it's super easy to eat several of them. At once. You've been warned.
(Air) Fried Guacamole
Time: 20 minutes
- 4 avocados
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, finely minced
- ½ cup Otto’s Cassava Flour
- ½ cup Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1 5-oz. bag Siete Grain-Free Tortilla chips (sea salt or lime flavor)
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Spray
- In a small bowl, mash the avocados with the lime juice, shallot, salt and cilantro. Set aside.
- Scoop guacamole onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet and freeze 3 hours or until hardened.
- Whisk the cassava flour and Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil together to create a wet batter.
- Crush the tortilla chips.
- Spray AirFryer basket with Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Spray.
- Working quickly, dunk frozen guacamole bites into wet batter and then roll in crushed chips.
- Place in greased AirFryer basket and pop into AirFryer at 400 for 6–7 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Carbs: 17 grams
Fat: 20 grams
Protein: 4 grams
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer.
Want to win an AirFryer plus up to $300 in Primal Kitchen products? We’ve teamed up with our friends at Cuisinart to offer an amazing giveaway! Prizes include: 1 Cuisinart AirFryer, $200 of Primal Kitchen products, and a $100 gift card to Primalkitchen.com.
To enter to win:
- Enter your email address here from April 15, 2019 to April 29, 2019.
- Get BONUS points/entries if you follow: @primalkitchenfoods, @marksdailyapple and @cuisinart on Instagram.
- Sorry, open to those who reside in the U.S. only. Two winners well be selected, and those winners will be announced on April 30th.
You might also like these other appetizer/snack ideas: