Crisp on the outside and tender on the inside, air-fried or oven-baked potato wedges are a mashup of a baked potato and a thick-cut french fry. They're more rustic and less high maintenance than perfectly shaped matchstick french fries because you don't have to peel them and some slightly irregularly cut wedges crisp up just as well. The keys to air fried or oven-baked potato wedge perfection: Soak the wedges in water first, par-boil them, dry them, then cook them all the way through and crisp the skins under high heat. Season simply with salt and pepper, serve with Primal Kitchen Organic Unsweetened Ketchup, and you have an instant classic the kids (and grown ups!) will love served alongside paleo chicken tenders, homemade fish sticks, or bacon-wrapped hot dogs.
Air Fryer Potato Wedges with Ketchup
Time: 40 minutes (Air Fryer method) or 55 minutes (oven method)
- 2 large organic Russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 2 teaspoons flaky sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Primal Kitchen Organic Unsweetened Ketchup, for serving
- Set the Air Fryer to 425ºF. If you don't have an Air Fryer, preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Wash potatoes well and dry them with a clean kitchen towel. Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch wedges.
If you're cooking the potato wedges in the oven:
- Place potato wedges in a large bowl, and fill the bowl with cold water, and let sit for about 10 minutes. Drain the potato wedges.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil on the stove. Add two generous pinches of salt to the water.
- Slide the potato wedges into the boiling water, and allow to cook for 4–5 minutes.
- Remove the potato wedges from the boiling water with a slotted spoon. Turn the pot off and discard the water. Allow the potato wedges to drain on clean kitchen towels. Gently blot off any excess moisture on the potato wedges.
- Place the dried potato wedges in a large bowl. Drizzle potato wedges with avocado oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Place potato wedges on an oiled baking sheet in one layer. Bake for 15 minutes then remove from the oven. Using a spatula, flip the potato wedges over, scraping any bits off of the baking sheet. Put baking sheet back in the oven for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
If you're using an Air Fryer:
- Place the dried potato wedges in a large bowl. Drizzle potato wedges with avocado oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Place the potato wedges in one layer on an Air Fryer sheet pan. Place into the hot Air Fryer to cook for 10 minutes. Remove the sheet pan and turn the potato wedges over with a spatula. Put back into the Air Fryer to cook for another 3-5 minutes. Remove potato wedges from Air Fryer.
- Serve the crisp potato wedges with Primal Kitchen Organic Unsweetened Ketchup.
Nutrition info (per serving)*:
Carbs: 42 grams
Fat: 7 grams
Protein: 4 grams
Nutrition info calculated using Cronometer.
*Nutrition info includes 4 tablespoons of Primal Ketchup Organic Unsweetened Ketchup... it may sound like a lot, but kids love ketchup (OK, we all do!).
You might also like these other comfort food recipes: