White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
October 12, 2020
Sweet white chocolate with a hint of soothing vanilla cloaked on top of slightly salty, savory, and honeyed peanut butter filling, white chocolate peanut butter cups make the perfect Halloween (or anytime) treat to create at home. Brand name, store-bought white chocolate peanut butter cups in large or mini versions can make convenient candies, but buying in larger quantities for Halloween hand-outs can add up quickly. Maybe you're staying in on the spookiest night of the year but want something sweet to keep you out of the candy bowl for trick-or-treaters—if so, these white chocolate peanut butter cups are just the thing. They're elegant and gratifying enough to keep you away from the bulk candy bin, and easy enough to make the day of, so long as you wait for them to firm up in the freezer for a couple of hours.
Our mini white chocolate peanut butter cups are gluten free and can be made keto—just leave out the raw honey in the peanut butter filling or substitute the honey with a keto-friendly sweetener. If you can't have peanut butter, substitute almond butter, cashew butter, sunflower butter, or macadamia butter for the peanut butter.
5 Steps to Make Gluten-Free White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Make and melt the gluten-free, keto-friendly white chocolate.
- Make the gluten-free peanut butter filling.
- Layer the white chocolate in the bottom of a muffin liner. Scoop a tablespoonful of the peanut butter filling on top. Cover the peanut butter filling with another layer of white chocolate.
- Chill in the freezer for about 2 hours until firm.
- Store any leftovers (LOL) in an airtight container for up to a month in the refrigerator, or up to 3 months in the freezer.
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes (includes time in the freezer)
Servings: 12 (2 mini cups per serving)
- 3 ounces coconut butter
- 2 ounces cacao butter
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil, divided
- 1/2 plus 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 1 scoop Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel® Drink Mix - Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup smooth, all-natural, organic peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey
Equipment: Mini 24-cup muffin trays and mini muffin liners, or mini 24-cup silicone muffin tray
- Finely chop the cacao butter.
- Scoop out the coconut butter and spoon both into a heat-safe bowl.
- Set up a double boiler by heating a few inches of water in a pot. Once the water is hot, reduce the heat to low and place the bowl over the pot so it’s resting on top of it.
- Use a whisk and begin mixing the cacao butter and coconut butter to encourage it to melt.
- Remove the bowl from the heat right before the cacao butter is fully melted, and continue to whisk when it’s removed from the heat. Whisk in 1 Tbsp. of coconut oil and 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract until combined. Set aside.
- Add the nut butter, 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, coconut flour, honey, and 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract to a food processor or blender and mix until combined, stopping to scrape the sides and blending again. Set mix aside.
- Line a 24-cup mini muffin tin with paper cups, or use a silicone mini muffin container. Spoon a teaspoon full of melted white chocolate into the bottom of each cup. Spoon a tablespoon of nut butter on top of each cup.
- Cover nut butter evenly with the remaining melted white chocolate. Chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition info (per serving: 2 mini cups):
Carbs: 8 grams
Fat: 19 grams
Protein: 4 grams
Nutrition info calculated using Cronometer.
You might also like these other dessert recipes: