Celebrate Thanksgiving with something sweet! Try these irresistible maple roasted butternut squash, and brighten up your plate and table with one of our favorite autumn gourds.
Use Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil for high-heat cooking, and fall in love with its nutty, mild flavor for roasting. Add hazelnuts for polyphenolic compounds and a light, crunchy crust. Then, top things off with a drizzle of maple syrup for a dish that truly tastes like a divine dessert, without any of the uncomfortable side effects of gluten, grain, or excess refined sugar!
Maple Roasted Butternut Squash
Time: 1 hour 25 min
- Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil
- 1-2 Tbsp pumpkin spice
- 2 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 small butternut squash
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Cut the butternut squash in half, scoop out the seeds, and rub with Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil.
- Sprinkle on pumpkin spice and salt.
- Bake for an hour, or until completely soft all the way through.
- Drizzle with maple syrup, and top with chopped hazelnuts.