Grilled Veggie Skewers
August 15, 2023
There’s nothing like firing up the grill for a good summer cookout: the smell of charbroiled food, the zen-like process of watching & flipping, and the camaraderie of grill-side chats. But outdoor grilling isn’t just limited to starring proteins like burgers, chicken, or hot dogs. Packed with a myriad of fresh veggies from earthy cremini mushrooms to squash, zucchini, and crisp bell peppers, these refreshing vegetable skewers are the perfect side dish to cook alongside your main proteins.
The secret to their delicious flavor and juicy mouthfeel is our original Teriyaki Sauce & Marinade, which has all the flavor of your fave teriyaki bowl without the soy, canola, corn syrup, or cane sugar found in many other store bought sauces. For a tropical twist, sub in our No-Soy Island Teriyaki and add freshly cut pineapple chunks to your skewers!
Grilled Vegetable Skewers
Sides, Vegetables, Side Dish
Veggie lovers, this one’s for you! Fire up the grill and break out our No-Soy Teriyaki Sauce for a delicious side dish that’s perfect for summer picnics, group gatherings, or family-night dinners. Serve alongside your favorite grilled protein or over cauliflower rice for a hearty meal.
- 4 cremini mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced into ¼” rounds
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into ¼” rounds
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 large red onion, peeled and quartered
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen No Soy Teriyaki Sauce
1 tablespoon Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. In a small bowl, combine ¼ cup of the No-Soy Teriyaki sauce with the avocado oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss the cut vegetables in the mixture.
- Thread your vegetables onto 4 grill-safe skewers, alternating the vegetables on each skewer. If you are using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them in water for 20-30 minutes prior to this. We recommend double metal pronged skewers so that the veggies stay put while being turned on the grill.
- Place the skewers on your grill and grill for about 3 minutes before flipping. After flipping, use a brush to brush on some of the additional teriyaki sauce. Repeat 2 or 3 more times as the vegetables are cooking. Grill until the vegetables are well browned and tender. Brush with any remaining sauce and top with sesame seeds.
- Pro Tip: Experiment with other vegetables on your kabobs, like eggplant or tomatoes.
- Nutrition information calculated using Cronometer.
- Serving Size
- 1 serving (1 skewer)
- per serving
- 13.5 grams
- 5.4 grams
- 2.9 grams
You might also like these other side dish recipes: