Upgrade your breakfast routine with butternut squash waffles! We can't think of anything we crave more on the weekend than crispy, delicate waffles sweetened with a touch of syrup, and drizzled with melted grass-fed butter. Add butternut squash for an autumnal twist, and prepare the whole thing with Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil!
Butternut squash is naturally sweet, sports a gorgeous color, and adds homey fall flavor to any autumn meal.
Add these waffles to your weekend brunch plate and fulfill your fall cravings with this delicious and incredibly easy-to-make recipe!
BUTTERNUT SQUASH WAFFLES
- 1-1/2 cups Bob's Redmill® Paleo Baking Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil
- 1/2 cup Taylor Farms ® Butternut Squash (boiled and mashed)
- 1/4 cup dairy-free milk of choice
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Mix all the ingredients together into a uniform blend. NOTE: For fluffier pancakes, separate the eggs, whisk the whites until stiff, and then fold them into the batter.
- Ladle the batter into a pre-heated waffle iron, and cook until golden and crisp!
- Serve with toppings of your choice.