Take a page out of the Primal Blueprint's Healthy Sauces, Dressings, and Toppings Cookbook, and smother meats, potatoes or other meals in this Almost Traditional Turkey Gravy! Made with chicken stock, creamy coconut milk, and Primal Kitchen® Extra Virgin Avocado Oil, this gorgeous gravy is the perfect addition to garlic mashed potatoes or our delicious Whole30-Approved Ranch Cauliflower Mash.
Enjoy healthy fats from Primal Kitchen Extra Virgin Avocado Oil and coconut milk, savory seasonings, and gluten-free tapioca flour. This gravy might by dairy-free, but it's definitely flavor rich. Plus, the whole thing is ready to serve in no time!
Almost Traditional Turkey Gravy
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon of tapioca flour
- 1 Tablespoon cold water
- 1 tsp coconut aminos or tamari
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Primal Kitchen® Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- Seasoning salt (to taste)
- Heat the coconut milk to a gentle boil.
- In a separate pot, heat the stock.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the tapioca flour with the cold water.
- Whisk the tapioca mixture into the coconut milk, keeping it at a gentle boil. The milk should thicken immediately, and take on a smooth, paste-like texture.
- Whisk the stock into the coconut milk and remove from heat.
- Add coconut aminos (or tamari), 1/4 tsp celery salt, 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning, a touch of Primal Kitchen® Extra Virgin Avocado Oil, and seasoning salt to taste. Serve immediately.