Tailgating Touchdowns: Top 5 Bacon Dip Dishes
Tailgating is finally here, and we're ready to celebrate the season's biggest games with epic dips and sauces! Filled with healthy fats, macronutrients, organic herbs, and hearty flavors, these touchdown ready dishes are guaranteed crowd favorites.
We're thrilled to have partnered with leaders in the wellness world and Pederson’s Natural Farms to bring you this amazing list of essential party dips. Christina Curp (Castaway Kitchen), Alex Snodgrass (The Defined Dish), Bailey Ryan (Paleo Bailey), Dana Monsees (Real Food with Dana), and Janee Meadows combined Primal Kitchen products with delicious Pederson's Natural Farms bacon for a full roster of championship fares.
Pederson's Natural Farms
Pederson's Natural Farms is revolutionizing the bacon industry by sourcing only from self-sustaining, family farms who both adhere to Certified Humane standards and demonstrate good stewardship of the land.
The commitment that Pederson’s Natural Farms has to its ingredients shows in the amazing quality of their products, which are renowned for rich, complex flavors. Check out Pederson’s Natural Farms for snack pack bacon strips that are Whole30-approved and minimally processed. With no artificial ingredients, MSG, growth hormones, antibiotics, nitrites, or nitrates, this is bacon you can trust.
SWEET POTATO RANCH DIP WITH BACON
Add pizzazz to any appetizer spread or tailgate table with a gorgeous sweet potato dip! Check out more of Dana's colorful fall recipes at Real Food with Dana, and find her on Instagram at @realfoodwithdana!
- ⅓ cup Primal Kitchen® Ranch Dressing
- 1 medium/large baked sweet potato (cool before handling)
- 1-2 slices Pederson’s Fully Cooked Smoked Bacon
- 1-2 tbsp Homemade Ranch Seasoning*
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp dried chives
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Fresh chopped dill or chives, for garnish
- Sliced cucumber, carrots, or peppers for dipping
- Optional: hot sauce (or buffalo sauce)
- Peel the baked sweet potato, and add it to the food processor with the Primal Kitchen® Ranch Dressing. Pulse until blended to a smooth consistency.
- Sprinkle 1-2 Tbsp of the ranch seasoning on top. Start with one Tbsp, taste, and then add more if you like! Pulse everything a few times again until the seasoning is fully blended in.
- Want a thinner dip? Just add in more Primal Kitchen® Ranch Dressing or a tiny bit of water (2 Tbsp at a time), until you reach the desired consistency.
- Chop the bacon into little bits. Transfer the dip to a bowl and sprinkle the bacon bits and chopped herbs on top.
- Serve with chopped raw veggies and some hot sauce, if you dare!
*This Ranch seasoning will make more than you need for this recipe. Just save it for later!
NOTE: Feel free to sub any Pederson’s bacon here, just make sure you cook it and chop it into bacon bits before adding to the dip!
BACON JALAPENO ARTICHOKE DIP WITH THE DEFINED DISH
Alex Snodgrass pulled off the Hail Mary pass: a creamy dish that's both heart healthy and delicious! Made with Primal Kitchen® Classic Mayo and full fat coconut milk, this is the perfect dip for chilly fall days.
- 1 jar of Primal Kitchen® Classic Mayo
- 8 oz. can of whole artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, and loosely chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut milk ice cream from full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 strips Pederson's Natural Farms bacon (cooked and diced)
- 1 jalapeño (seeds and stem removed, diced)
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 2 cloves glaric (minced)
- 2 cups of baby spinach (well packed)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Optional: 1 cup cooked and shredded chicken
- Preheat oven 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine the Primal Kitchen® Mayo, loosely chopped artichoke hearts, lemon, coconut milk, nutritional yeast, bacon, and shredded chicken. NOTE: If your can of coconut milk isn't separated, place it in the fridge until separation occurs, then scoop 2 tbsp of the cream off the top.
- Heat the ghee in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and jalapeño, and sauté for about 1 minute, being careful not to burn.
- Add the spinach and sauté until just wilted (about 3-4 more minutes).
- Pour the spinach and jalapeño mixture into the large bowl with the Primal Kitchen® Mayo.
- Season the bowl to taste with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Pour the mayo mixture into an oven safe serving dish, and bake at 375 degrees until it's warm and bubbly (about 15 minutes).
- Serve with assorted veggies.
BEST OF AUTUMN BACON DIP WITH PALEO BAILEY
You won't be able to get enough of Bailey Ryan's amazing bacon dip, and since it's lighter than your usual dip, you can dig in guilt free!
- 3 cups finely diced white onion
- 2 strips Pederson's Natural Farms Fully Cooked Hickory Smoke Bacon (chopped)
- 1 cup Primal Kitchen® Classic Mayo
- 3 tbsp dried dill
- 2 tbsp Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil
- 1.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- In a skillet or cast iron, heat the Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil over medium heat.
- Add in onions and stir to coat in oil.
- Once onions become translucent, about 3 minutes, add in balsamic, salt, pepper and garlic powder and stir to combine.
- Continue cooking until onions caramelize, ensuring not to stir too much.
- Once browned, remove from heat.
- While the onions are cooking, mix together the Primal Kitchen® Classic Mayo, minced garlic, and dill.
- Add in caramelized onions and bacon bits, leaving a few bacon bits out to use as garnish.
- Stir to combine, and add more dill (to taste).
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
PRIMAL KITCHEN BACON DIP WITH CHIPOTLE LIME MAYO
Ready for one of our very own? Primal Kitchen Cookbook contributor, and recipe wonder woman Janee Meadows takes guacamole to a whole new level with this heavenly bacon "dip"!
- 3 avocados
- 1/2 cup cilantro1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 cup Primal Kitchen® Chipotle Lime Mayo
- 4 Pederson’s Farm Snack Pack Bacon Strips (Choose between the Hickory Smoked, Buckin’ Bacon, Canuckin’ Bacon, and Turkey Bacon varieties)
- Halve each avocado, remove the pit, and slice the flesh into thin strips.
- Place the avocado pieces in a mixing bowl, and use a fork to gently mash them.
- Add in a cup of Primal Kitchen® Chipotle Lime Mayo, and mix or mash the mayo into the avocado until you’ve achieved a uniform dip with guacamole-like texture.
- Dice the cilantro.
- Chop the Pederson’s Farm Snack Pack Bacon Strips into bite-sized.
- Place the bacon dip into a serving bowl, and top with bacon and cilantro pieces.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
BRINY BACON DIP WITH THE CASTAWAY KITCHEN
Christina Curp does it again with a simple, flavorful fall dip! With travel friendly ingredients, this so you can practically prepare this recipe on the sidelines!
- 1 jar of Primal Kitchen® Classic Mayo
- 6 slices of Pederson's Natural Farms Fully Cooked Bacon (3 packages of Buckin' Bacon Original and/or Canukin')
- 1/2 cup pickled red onion
- 1/2 cup ripe green olives
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Empty the Primal Kitchen® Classic Mayo into a medium sized bowl.
- Chip the bacon into small pieces, and add them to the bowl.
- Mince up the red onion, green olives, and cilantro. Add these to the bowl.
- Add in the nutritional yeast, black pepper, garlic powder, and lemon zest. Mix to combine.
- Serve the dip with celery sticks, raw or assorted veggies, and other dip-friendly foods.