Macaroni Salad with Egg
April 12, 2023
If you’re in a pinch for a potluck or picnic dish, macaroni salad is a quick and easy solution. Typically made with cooked elbow noodles, fresh veggies, and mayo, this must-have BBQ side dish takes just minutes to put together using a few fridge staples—plus it's endlessly customizable! Sub in red onions for white if preferred, or add a squeeze of spicy mustard for a more vinegary flavor.
Our tasty twist on this spring and summer staple utilizes chickpea pasta to make it gluten-free, with diced eggs substituting for the chunks of cheddar you find in some traditional macaroni salads. We used our tangy, zippy Whip Dressing & Spread to hold everything together and give the pasta extra flavor, which also makes it feel more like the picnic salads you remember from childhood. Made with purposeful ingredients and without cane sugar or corn syrup, this creamy dressing takes the classic macaroni salad to a whole new level.
Classic Macaroni Salad
This classic macaroni salad crafted with gluten-free elbow noodles, boiled eggs, and Primal Kitchen Whip Dressing & Spread has a tangy flavor and creamy texture everybody will love. Whip up a batch for a summer BBQ or your next potluck or picnic!
Fill a small pot about half full of water and salt well. Add eggs to the pot and make sure they are fully covered with water.
- On high heat, bring to a rolling boil. Turn off heat and cover the pot. Let it sit for about 8-9 minutes, then rinse under cold water and peel. Chill eggs in the fridge (for at least two hours or overnight, if possible).
- Chop eggs into small pieces after chilling. Dice the onion, celery, pickles, and bell peppers into small pieces.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Strain and rinse under cold water.
- Place cooked macaroni in a large mixing bowl. Add onion, celery, bell pepper, eggs and pickles.
- Add Primal Kitchen Whip and mix until well combined. Chill until ready to serve.
Nutrition information calculated using Cronometer.
- Serving Size
- 1 serving
- per serving
- 29.4 grams
- 36 grams
- 11.1 grams
You might also like these other potluck recipes: