Are you in the mood for creamy keto gelato filled with healthy fats, protein, and natural summer sweetness? Check out Sadie’s incredible vanilla gelato recipe below, made with ghee, coconut, and Primal Kitchen Vanilla Coconut Collagen Fuel!
ABOUT SADIE RADINSKY
Sadie is a 15-year-old baker and lover of scrumptious, wholesome food.
Founder of the paleo baking blog, Goodies Against The Grain, Sadie shares her recipes for gluten-free, grain-free, and sugar-free treats. Sadie’s recipes are also free of dairy and soy. Her belief is that nobody should feel deprived of sweets. Instead, it’s possible to make healthy desserts that taste just as delicious (if not way better!) than the not-so-healthy alternatives.
When she’s not in the kitchen baking, Sadie can be found climbing trees, singing, writing songs, running on a trail, reading a book, or playing with her dogs!
Coconut Vanilla Gelato
- Ice cream maker (Sadie loves her Cusinart)
- High speed blender
- 2 tablespoons of grass-fed gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cans of coconut milk (full fat)
- 2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla ghee (Fourth & Heart is a great brand!)
- 1/2 cup strawberries (sliced)
- 2 Paleo Treats (crumbled)
- Shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Coconut Vanilla Collagen Fuel
- Bring the water to a boil in a small cook pot.
- Once the water is boiling, transfer it into a small bowl
- Add in the gelatin.
- Stir the water-gelatin mixture until the gelatin has completely dissolved.
- Place the full-fat coconut milk, organic coconut oil, pink himalayan salt, and Primal Kitchen Coconut Vanilla Collagen Fuel into a blender.
- Blend the ingredients together until you have a texture that is consistent and smooth.
- Add the water-gelatin mixture into the blender with the rest of the ingredients, and blend well.
- Transfer the blender’s contents into an ice cream maker, and process per manufacturer’s instructions.
- If the ice cream comes out soft, scoop it into a shallow dish or bowl, and pop it in the freezer for 15-20 minutes until it has hardened.
- Top with strawberry slices, crumbled Paleo Treats, and coconut shreds!