This spiced, cinnamon-dusted, lightly sweet dirty chai latte provides an easy-to-make, keto-friendly alternative to the conventional chai lattes available at coffee houses. Our keto chai latte uses Primal Kitchen Chai Tea Collagen Collagen Keto Latte mix to add a touch of sweetness, collagen peptides, and the warm spices (such as cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, and cloves) that engulf your senses in a cozy cocoon of comfort.
What Is a Dirty Chai Latte?
Chai tea latte melds black tea with warmed and/or frothed milk; sometimes spices like black pepper, cinnamon, star anise, and cardamom are added to the tea with some honey or sugar. A dirty chai includes a shot (or two) of espresso.
We kept our version dairy-free, and used froth almond milk as the creamy cap to our keto dirty chai latte. You can use coconut milk, or even whole milk if you'd like.
Keto Dairy-Free Dirty Chai Latte
Time: 5 minutes
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 scoops Primal Kitchen Chai Tea Collagen Keto Latte
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place espresso powder in the bottom of a large mug. Pour hot water over espresso, and stir until powder dissolves.
- Add Primal Kitchen Chai Tea Collagen Keto Latte mix to the espresso. Using a fork, whisk the powder until it's well combined with the espresso.
- Using a milk frother (machine or handheld) or a handheld electric beaters, froth milk until it's doubled in volume (and looks fluffy). Spoon frothed milk on top of dirty chai, and sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
Nutritional info (per serving):
Carbs: 10 grams
Net Carbs: 8 grams
Fat: 10 grams
Protein: 21 grams
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer.
You might also like these other latte recipes: