If you’re a die-hard pumpkin spice fan and eagerly anticipate the onslaught of all things pumpkin-flavored in early September, you might consider a pumpkin spice latte a once-in-a-while treat that you allow a couple times a season. As you probably know, coffee house lattes are packed with sugar—a grande PSL (at that coffee shop with the green mermaid logo that seems like it’s within a 5-mile radius of just about anywhere) contains 50 grams of sugar. For context, you’d have to eat just over six candy peanut butter cups to equal 50 grams of sugar.
Facts aside, pumpkin spice lattes have become as ubiquitous to autumn as calf-hugging leather boots, flame-colored falling leaves, and glowing ghoulish jack-o-lanterns. We remade the pumpkin spice latte into a coffee drink you could sip every day without a shred of regret. Our version is plenty sweet without being cloying, thanks to our monk fruit-sweetened vanilla coconut collagen. Nut pods pumpkin spice creamer adds just enough pumpkin pie-like flavor, and our almond spice protein bars add a boost of warm autumn spices like ginger, allspice, and nutmeg.
Pumpkin Spice Collagen Latte
Time: 5-10 minutes
- 1 scoop Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel Drink Mix - Vanilla Coconut
- 4 tablespoons Nut Pods Pumpkin Spice Creamer
- 8 ounces coffee, hot
- Optional addition: ¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Optional garnish (pictured): sprinkle of a crushed Primal Kitchen Almond Spice Protein Bar
- Brew coffee. Pour into a large mug.
- Using a milk frother, whip air into the creamer for 45-55 seconds until the volume has increased and the texture resembles frothed milk.
- You can use the milk frother to whip air into ¼ cup of unsweetened coconut milk if you would like to add it to your latte for additional creaminess. Whip the coconut milk for 45-55 seconds as well. If using the coconut milk, pour the whipped coconut milk into the mug with the coffee.
- Pour the whipped creamer into the mug. Garnish with a little bit of crumbled Almond Spice Protein Bar, if desired. You can also add a sprinkle of ground cinnamon. Enjoy!
Nutritional information (per serving):*
Carbs: 3 grams
Fat: 8 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer.
*Nutritional info includes ¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk and 8 grams of crumbed Almond Spice Protein Bar.
You might also like these other collagen drink recipes: