Whipped coffee, also known as Dalgona coffee, is a four-ingredient coffee recipe that includes whipping instant coffee granules, water, and sugar together until thick and caramel-colored. The fluffy coffee becomes a camel-brown topping; you pour chilled milk in a glass and then spoon the whipped coffee on top to make a layered coffee drink that's pretty enough to 'gram.
Recipe videos and TikToks for how to make this coffee recipe likely surface in your social media feeds and appear in buzzy articles with gifs. An easy make-at-home recipe, whipped coffee is ideal for days when you want to be your own barista and craft an iced latte-like drink in your own kitchen. You don't need a milk frother, espresso machine, or even brewed coffee to create this whipped coffee recipe—just handheld electric beaters, or if you want an at-home arm workout, a whisk and plenty of elbow grease.
What Is Paleo Whipped Coffee?
Our lower-carb, paleo/Primal whipped coffee recipe is made without added refined sugar or dairy, and our version holds its whipped consistency better thanks to the collagen peptides we added. Instead of milk, we used unsweetened coconut milk (you can substitute unsweetened almond milk as well), and in place of sugar, we used granulated monkfruit. Our five-ingredient paleo whipped coffee recipe includes: instant coffee, water, monkfruit, coconut milk, and collagen peptides for structure and 10g of type 1 and 3 collagen.
How to Make Paleo Whipped Coffee
We whipped instant coffee granules with water and monkfruit with a whisk by hand until the mixture morphed into a peanut butter-like color and consistency. This takes a while, so if you don't want an at-home arm workout, use an electric mixer or handheld beaters for this part.
To serve, pour chilled unsweetened coconut milk into a glass (additional ice cubes optional). Spoon the paleo/Primal whipped coffee on top of the coconut milk, swirling the top with the back of the spoon so the whipped coffee sits evenly on the top.
Paleo Whipped Coffee Recipe
Time: 10 minutes
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons granulated monkfruit sweetener
- 1 scoop Primal Kitchen Collagen Peptides
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Ice, if desired
- Place instant coffee, water, monkfruit, and collagen into a bowl. Whisk by hand for about 5 minutes, or until the mixture thickens to a consistency similar to peanut butter, and turns a caramel color.
- You can also use a handheld beater or electric stand mixer to whip the coffee; incorporate air into the mixture until it resembles peanut butter.
- Pour coconut milk into a glass or mason jar. Add ice cubes, if desired.
- Spoon whipped coffee on top of the coconut milk, taking the back of the spoon and swirling the whipped coffee at the top of the glass to ensure an even texture. Enjoy!
Nutrition info (per serving; recipe makes 1 serving):
Carbs: 27 grams
Fat: 5 grams
Protein: 13 grams
You might also like these other collagen coffee drink recipes:
- Mark Sisson's Vanilla Collagen Hemp Latte
- Keto Caramel Macchiato
- Pumpkin Spice Collagen Latte
- Keto Dairy-Free Dirty Chai Latte