Creamy, cool but with enough warm cinnamon spice to put you in a festive mood, our Primal/paleo-friendly snickerdoodle smoothie can be made into a keto-friendly smoothie by leaving out the dates and substituting a little monk fruit or liquid stevia for sweetness. Instead of ice, we used frozen cauliflower—a fantastic go-to smoothie ingredient to keep stashed in your freezer to add frostiness and volume. Frozen, riced cauliflower's neutral flavor fades into the background and would be hard for even sophisticated palettes to detect thanks to the tahini (sesame paste) and cinnamon in this snickerdoodle smoothie. Just seven simple ingredients blended together tastes as thick and rich as a milkshake without a drop of ice cream.
Primal Snickerdoodle Smoothie Recipe
Time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups frozen cauliflower rice
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 scoops Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel® - Snickerdoodle*
- 1 Tbsp. tahini
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon, plus an extra pinch
- 3 pitted dates, soaked
*Can substitute any flavor of Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel.
- Soak 3 pitted dates in warm water for 5 minutes.
- In a blender, add frozen cauliflower rice, almond milk, Collagen Fuel, tahini, vanilla, cinnamon, and pitted dates (if using).
- Blend on low until the dates are chopped, and then turn up to medium speed. Blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and sprinkle on a little extra cinnamon. Enjoy!
Primal Snickerdoodle Smoothie nutrition info (per serving):
Carbs: 33 grams
Net Carbs: 23 grams
Fat: 15 grams
Protein: 27 grams
Nutrition info calculated using Cronometer. Nutrition info includes dates.
Keto-Friendly Tip: To make this snickerdoodle smoothie keto, leave out the dates. If you want a bit of added sweetness, use a drop or two of liquid stevia or up to 1 tsp. monk fruit.
Keto Snickerdoodle Smoothie nutrition info (per serving):
Net Carbs: 9 grams
Fat: 15 grams
Protein: 26 grams
How to Make a Snickerdoodle Smoothie Bowl
- Make the snickerdoodle smoothie according to the instructions above.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl.
- Top with a handful (about 1 Tbsp.) of grain-free granola, about a tablespoon of hemp hearts, and a generous handful (about 1 Tbsp.) of cacao nibs.
Snickerdoodle Smoothie Bowl nutrition info (per serving):
Carbs: 45 grams
Net Carbs: 28 grams
Fat: 33 grams
Protein: 35 grams
You might also like these other smoothie recipes: