A sweet, refreshing pop of peppermint whirled with red stripes on a snow white backdrop, candy canes hang enticingly from the twinkling branches of Christmas trees, “magically” make their way into the pockets and mittened-hands of treat-loving children, and hook lazily on the side of mugs of whipped cream-topped hot chocolate. We wanted to capture some of the lore and lure of the candy cane in a festive, lower-carb version. Our candy cane smoothie has the consistency of ice milk or even freshly fallen snow ready to melt on your outstretched tongue with the same intense pop of peppermint and Santa-red spiral you know from the candy version. Made with added protein from our Collagen Peptides and the milk alternative of your choice, you can make this a dairy-free smoothie or use whole milk or even a combo of whole milk and half and half for a minty fresh wintry dessert.
Keto-friendly Candy Cane Collagen Smoothie
Time: 5 minutes
For the smoothie:
- ½ cup alternative milk of choice (or use dairy milk, if desired)
- ½ cup coconut milk solid (save the liquid from the can)
- ½ cup ice
- 1 scoop Primal Kitchen Collagen Peptides
- ¼ teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- Sweetener of choice, to taste (we used two drops of liquid stevia)
For the red swirl on top:
- 1 teaspoon beet powder
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut milk liquid
- Place all of the smoothie ingredients into a high-speed blender and mix until smooth and frothy. Pour smoothie into a glass.
- Whisk together beet powder with coconut milk liquid, starting with 2 tablespoons of liquid. Add another tablespoon of liquid, if needed. Mixture should be liquid.
- Drizzle the red swirl topping on top of the smoothie using a spoon to make a swirl pattern. Enjoy!
Nutritional information (per serving):
Carbs: 13 grams
Net Carbs: 9 grams
Fat: 53 grams
Protein: 16 grams
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer.
You might also like these other collagen smoothie recipes: