When there’s a crisp nip in the early morning and late evening air that leads to the eventual coloring of tree leaves into brilliant hues of canary, burnt orange, ruddy rose, and crimson coral before they fade and wither off their branches, taste preferences tend to shift from sun-kissed summer berries and honeyed juices dripping from stone fruits to warming spices, sweet and snappy apples, and thicker, creamier sustenance.
This autumn spice smoothie captures this seasonal shift in a drinkable way. Blended with ice into a cool, frothy drink, it’s a bit redolent of a milkshake for those days when Indian summer refuses to loosen its grip. If you’d like a lighter, less sweet version of this smoothie, simply leave out the topping altogether, or sprinkle on the ground cinnamon, vanilla, and chopped pecans only.
Autumn Spice Smoothie
Time: 5 minutes
For the smoothie:
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 1 scoop Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel Golden Turmeric
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ¾ cup ice
For the topping:
- ½ tablespoon pecan butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- Place all smoothie ingredients into a high-speed blender. Blend on high until completely smooth.
- Pour smoothie into a glass or to-go cup. Pour all topping ingredients into a bowl except for chopped pecans, and whisk thoroughly until well combined.
- Drizzle topping onto glass or cup with the smoothie.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans on top. Enjoy!
Nutritional information (per serving):
Carbs: 49 grams
Fat: 33.5 grams
Protein: 15 grams
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer.
You might also like these other autumn-inspired recipes: