If you like crab cakes, then you're definitely going to love these savory salmon cakes by nutritionist extraordinaire, Kelly LeVeque (@BeWellByKelly). Salmon cakes (we made ours with Surrender Salmon Portions) are satisfying and tasty. Plus, they're quick and easy to make! Spread with Primal Kitchen® Chipotle Lime Mayo for extra flavor. Serve them with a green salad for a complete meal, or as a fun appetizer for friends!
Pro Tip: Find this recipe and many more in the Primal Kitchen Cookbook.
Savory Salmon Cakes
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 4-oz can of pink salmon
- 1/4 cup Primal Kitchen Mayo
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup flax meal (split into two 1/4 cup portions)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives (chopped)
- 2-3 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Tartar Sauce
- Drain the excess liquid from the salmon and flake the fish into a large bowl. Add the Primal Kitchen Mayo, mustard, and egg.
- In a small bowl, mix all the fresh herbs together.
- Add 4 tablespoons of fresh herbs and 1/4 cup of flax meal to the salmon mixture. Mix to incorporate.
- Shape the mixture into four to six cakes. Dust the outside of the cakes with a little more flax meal.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of avocado oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. In batches, add the salmon cakes and fry for 3 to 4 min on each side, until browned. Drain on paper towels; keep warm in a preheated oven at 250 degrees.
- Serve the cakes with tartar sauce and top with a sprinkle of the remaining fresh herbs.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Carbs: 6.4 grams
Net Carbs: 2.2 grams
Fat: 13.7 grams
Protein: 10 grams
Nutritional information calculated using Cronometer.