Whip up this fresh Tuscany-inspired meal in just 45 minutes, and dig into fresh pesto, parsley, and lemon-garnished halibut fillets marinated in our irresistible Primal Kitchen® Dreamy Italian Dressing. This dish is light and delicious, packed with Mediterranean flavor, and ideal for warm summer nights. Cook it up in parchment paper for an easy clean up, and enjoy your beautiful fillets infused with herbs and one of our favorite avocado oil-based condiments.
Whole30-Approved and Keto-Friendly, this dish contains no gluten, soy, dairy, and sugar. Share with friends and family, and pair with a cool glass of white wine or sparkling water for the perfect Italian meal with the people you love.
Dreamy Italian White Fish Packets
Time: 45 min
- 2 6-ounce halibut fillets (or other white fish)
- 1-2 bell peppers, cut into thin slices or matchstick
- 1 to 2 small yellow squash, cut into thin slices or matchsticks
- 2 handfuls fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 large bunch of parsley, leave plucked or shorn off with a knife. A little bit of stem is okay.
- 1 tablespoon raw, unsalted sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds (15 ml)
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (15 ml)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup olive oil (60 ml to 120 ml)
- Salt and pepper
- Primal Kitchen Dreamy Italian Dressing
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204 °C).
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Prepare a small bowl of ice water as well.
- Blanch the spinach in the boiling water for 10 seconds. Drain. Drop the spinach into the ice water to cool. Drain and squeeze excess water out of the leaves.
- Finely chop the spinach and put it in a food processor with the parsley, sunflower seeds, garlic and lemon juice.
- Process until the parsley is finely chopped. With the blade running, drizzle in olive oil until desired consistency is reached. Add salt to taste.
- Cut two 14-inch squares of parchment paper. (35 cm).
- Create a small bed of bell pepper and squash slices in the middle of each paper. Add 3 Tbsp of Primal Kitchen Dreamy Italian Dressing. Set the fish on top. Season the fish and veggies lightly with salt and pepper.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of pesto on top of each piece of fish.
- Fold the parchment into sealed pockets around the fish. First, fold over 1 inch (2.5 cm) of the paper on the sides that are closest to the short sides of the fish fillets. Next, ring together the other two sides of the parchment, over the top of the long sides of the fillets. Fold these sides together twice to seal, and then fold over and crimp the short ends of the paper to seal.
- Set the pockets on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until fish is opaque in the middle.
- Open the parchment carefully to avoid steam. Garnish the fish and veggies with more pesto and serve.