This recipe is for the keto lover looking for a fun way to get in lots of fresh veggies and delicious, healthy fats. These Ranch Zucchini boats not only look amazing- they're super fun to eat too!
Ranch Zucchini Boats
- 1 medium zucchini (about 12 inches)
- 1 cup chicken, chopped (Tip: To keep things simple, Maria likes to purchase a roasted chicken from Whole Foods Market®.)
- 3 tablespoons Primal Kitchen® Mayo
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons diced tomato
- Optional: 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (Tip: To keep this recipe dairy-free, leave off the cheese.)
- 4 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing
- Pre-heat oven to 375-degrees. Cut the zucchini lengthwise and scoop out the middle to remove seeds.
- Combine chopped chicken and mayo to create the chicken salad filling.
- Place the zucchini facing cut side up on a rimmed baking sheet. Fill the hollowed out center with chicken salad.
- Cover each boat with diced tomatoes and cheese (if using).
- Place on oven for 20 minutes or until zucchini is tender with a fork.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in cast iron skillet until cooked to desired crispness, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Then chop.
- Remove zucchini from oven. Garnish with bacon, chives and Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing.
About Maria Emmerich
Maria Emmerich is a wellness expert in nutrition and exercise physiology. She shares a passion for helping others reach their goals of optimal health. She struggled with her weight throughout childhood and decided enough was enough. She decided to study health and wellness so she could help others stop wasting their time being discouraged with their outward appearance and not feeling their best mentally. Maria understands the connection between food and how it makes us all feel on the inside and out.
She is a National and International Best Selling author of “The Ketogenic Cookbook“ and “Quick and Easy Ketogenic Cooking”. She also authored 8 other books including several cookbooks and 3 nutritional guide books. Follow along with Maria at mindbodyhealth.com or on Facebook at @ketoadapted.
Find Primal Kitchen Mayo, Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing and all of Maria’s tasty ingredient recommendations at a Whole Foods Market near you with our store locator!